• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Collection Mgmt Software

29 posts in this topic

What didn't you like about Comic Collector? I use it and am happy with it.

I guess you mean me? and StashMyComics?

Well I don't mean to person_without_enough_empathy about it, I literally only just registered, so I think I'm just having teething problems. I'll take a deep breath, go away, and try again tomorrow when I've had less wine. ;)

If you really want to know....doubtful.. :)

• Failed to upload a sample Import (following all instructions)
  • I can't figure out how to have 2 separate entries for the same comic (with different grades, and sale prices)
  • Didn't display some of the issues (of Bats vol2.), the '0' issues, then when I returned to the page the 2nd time, they appeared. (just odd)

BUT .. I really like that it's FREE! :) and will persevere. Especially, if I can get an import to work, then I'll give it a go.

Sorry, I was replying to the original poster regarding Comic Collector Live:

Hello all,

I've finally decided to move from my Excel spreadsheets to actual comic collection management software. I recently bought Comic Collector Live at a Con, and after entering about 100 issues, I find it pretty underwhelming.

Hey All,

I have been a lurker for a bit but figure I would chime in here.

I use CLZ on my iphone. The camera acts as a scanner so its very easy to add new issues every week. You can store your database there or you can synch it to your home pc. I dont remember the cost of the app but it wasnt much. I paid $25 for the pro version for my home computer and it is a couple dollars a year to use the cloud to synch the two.

And going further, if you sell a book can you track that as well? I see that fields can be customized, but not sure if you can actually create a field, or if a field can even have a dollar format.

Books can be marked as "In Collection" or "For Sale" - for anything outside of that you can create your own custom tags. There are also a couple of user customizable fields that are blank by default.

Adding a little more to this answer. Yes, I have created custom fields for Sale Price (I add the $ in manually as it is just a text box) and Sale Date. Once I sell a book I change its status to "Not in Collection". This allows me to see all of my sold books in one view as needed.

I also created custom drop-downs to apply the page color for each of my slabs.

CCL just seemed labor-intensive to do the data entry, and (I'm not sure if this even exists) I was hoping for something that would import the value of a comic (based on the entered condition of course). CCL, and it sounds like many others, provide a field for current comic value you have to enter it manually. Comicbase claims to do this automatically...does anyone use Comicbase?

http://www.comicbase.com/mycb/default.aspx

What I like most about Collectorz is that your wish list is available using your browser on your phone so if you are at a con or flea market, etc you can easily view your wish list. I don't find Collectorz as good a Comic Collector Live but it is cheaper.

Collectorz is web based where as Comic Collector Live is Windows based, even though I think you can view your collection online you have to do all input on your PC. Unless they have changed this in the last two years.....