• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can we make Comics General a better place for those here and new members?

1,807 posts in this topic

By locking the Locked Thread Points Challenge thread.

This +1000

It was fun when it first started -- THREE FRIGGING YEARS AGO!!!

It is now old, tired, and annoying. And it has now turned into the same half a dozen people constantly spamming every thread thread with "pernts" and intentionally trying to get threads locked. It has made CG completely useless -- even moreso than it was before.

I can't understand why the mods haven't gotten rid of this a long time ago. All it does is encouraged derailing and spamming. It has made CG more of a jokes than it was before.

+

And it looks like this thread needs to be flushed as well. Between the mistruths, personal dislike between many members and then everyone being frustrated with the current moderation practices, the only good that is in CG right now are the Postive thread, movie discussions and when boardies are helping one another out of a tough situation.

And no - it is not the end of the world or CG. Though I found it bothersome how mods may find this to be a funny situation at times.

This +1000

It is now old, tired, and annoying. And it has now turned into the same half a dozen people constantly spamming every thread thread with "pernts" and intentionally trying to get threads locked. It has made CG completely useless -- even moreso than it was before.

I can't understand why the mods haven't gotten rid of this a long time ago. All it does is encouraged derailing and spamming. It has made CG more of a jokes than it was before.

Yep

I'm all for a good derailment, but what is intersting to me are those who sit in the wings and magically appear when there is an opportunity to grab the steering wheel and drive off the bridge.

In a more humorous turn of events, those very same members like to point out that a lack of introspection on the part of the members who are not in support of wasting everyone's time with chasing imaginary points, somehow justifies their intrusion.

I'm not sure of the statistics, but I don't think that the same 5 members who sing kumbaya at the circle jerk, are just participants, but rather party planners.

In a more humorous turn of events, those very same members like to point out that a lack of introspection on the part of the members who are not in support of wasting everyone's time with chasing imaginary points, somehow justifies their intrusion

+1

I don't think that the same 5 members who sing kumbaya at the circle jerk, are just participants, but rather party planners.

Exactly, what kind of Bar-B-Qs did you have when you were a teen....? :o

Getting the "in before the lock" on the last post of that thread would be Epic..people would remember that for like..forever....days, even weeks

This +1000

It is now old, tired, and annoying. And it has now turned into the same half a dozen people constantly spamming every thread with "pernts" and intentionally trying to get threads locked. It has made CG completely useless -- even more so than it was before.

I can't understand why the mods haven't gotten rid of this a long time ago. All it does is encourage derailing and spamming. It has made CG more of a jokes than it was before.

If not locked, at the very least, it should be moved to the Water Cooler.

Here's an idea: Everyone stop taking everything so frickin seriously. CG: Fixed.

Agreed Ryan ;)

Back to the usually tomfoolery...

I have 2... yes TWO sponsors... already signed up for a FREE TPB and the chance to receive some "damaged goods" which is awesome in itself. :)

Now should an outpouring of support occur, which I'm certain will happen ( ;) ) ... we probably should stop at $20 in donations... or just twenty donors.

This is sure to pay for the refund and the three stamps that will be licked hard and placed on each book to be mailed back to me.

Many thanks for the support and the willingness to have fun in the wake of this two year old tragedy (worship)

Here's an idea: Everyone stop taking everything so frickin seriously. CG: Fixed.

Agreed Ryan ;)

I have 2... yes TWO sponsors... already signed up for a FREE TPB and the chance to receive some "damaged goods" which is awesome in itself. :)

Now should an outpouring of support occur, which I'm certain will happen ( ;) ) ... we probably should stop at $20 in donations... or just twenty donors.

This is sure to pay for the refund and the three stamps that will be licked hard and placed on each book to be mailed back to me.

Many thanks for the support and the willingness to have fun in the wake of this two year old tragedy (worship)

There's nothing awesome about it. You want to make CG a better place? Just drop it.

Agreed Ryan ;)

There's nothing awesome about it. You want to make CG a better place? Just drop it.

Would you like to become a sponsor? It's only a dollar :foryou:

Continuing to taunt another member due to your disagreement is hardly constructive and is just plain spiteful. If that is your definition of making Comics General a better place, then good luck to you.

Continuing to taunt another member due to your disagreement is hardly constructive and is just plain spiteful. If that is your definition of making Comics General a better place, then good luck to you.

Pernts.

So no dollar then? (shrug)

That would not be in the best interest of making Comics General a better place, so no.

It's kind of amusing how your own agenda takes precedence over your supposed thread intent. lol

Pernts.

It's all about those pernts. Pernts and butthurt. Pernts, butthurt and complaining.

That would not be in the best interest of making Comics General a better place, so no.

It's kind of amusing how your own agenda takes precedence over your supposed thread intent. lol

No whats amusing is that you're still posting here... ;) ...one dollar please :grin:

OMG, I have ignored my own location advice and got sucked into a Board Black Hole Of Nonsense. I deserve a strike. :facepalm:

5689.gif

This is unfortunately true :(

Take one year off... well... after you mail me a dollar :grin:

GZ35tn.gif

This +1000

Because the mods are playing under their regular board IDs? :shrug: