• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile high cover scans

6 posts in this topic

Can anybody tell me if the scans in the Mile high catalogue are the actual covers of the comics on sale or just an example. I have looked on the site for an explanation but cannot find one.

Also I would be gratefull for any feedback on grading, shipping time etc.

I am located in Europe and am looking for a good US online shop

Cheers

Can anybody tell me if the scans in the Mile high catalogue are the actual covers of the comics on sale or just an example. I have looked on the site for an explanation but cannot find one.

Cheers

The shipping (time it takes, shipment pricing, etc..) is not the problem...its the overpricing on some of the books and the misgrading that you have to watch out for with them.

They are represenative samples. It's not cost effective to scan their entire inventory due to large numbers, insufficient time and resources, and high inventory turnover. However the CGC books are the actual book you would be purchasing.

Grading: Expect books to be misgraded by at least 0.5, sometimes 1 point or better OFF of the purchased grade. General feedback from boards is that they overgrade and overcharge. Some members have experienced great grading, with one member commenting that if the book was produced in 1983 or better, you should be ok. I have even CGC'd some Milehigh books, with "NM" coming back 8.0 or worse. They do have a guarantee that all raw NM books should CGC 8.5 or better, refund guranteee. Be careful about executing returns, as many members are now "banned" for life.

If you want cheap readers, you can get good deals at MH when they have their 50% off sales etc. If you are looking for a good high grade resource, look elsewhere, unless you can physically examine the book prior to purchase. They also have a limited CGC selection but the prices are aggressive.

A few sites that come to mind:

www.highgradecomics.com

For both high grade RAW and CGC material.

www.pedigreecomics.com

For CGC-only high grade, concentrating on Marvel.

Good luck.

Sterling