• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another ebay bidder to block, or why do people waste my time?

44 posts in this topic

Sold a ASM 45 CGC 9.4 WP on ebay a few days back for $500.00

The minute I accepted his offer, he responds with a message,

"Uh what does the back cover look like?"

Hmmm sounds like buyer remorse already,

After answering his questions, couple of days go by with no response or payment, than I get this:

Dear bunkybrothers,

Hi. I received an unpaid item for this book. Honestly, I have had another deal going on with someone else before this. I'm not a high grade collector, I only buy graded books between 7.5 - 9.0 at the highest on Silver Age stuff. This is an amazing book and you should be very proud of it but I really don't need it. I'm not sure why I even made an offer on it. My offer was way below your asking price and 90% of the time I make an offer I usually get a counter offer. I did not bid or purchase this book just made a much lower offer. I feel it was a "make offer" trap I fell into. I would like to agree to cancel purchase with ebay and not suffer any penalties due to the nature of the deal having not out bid anyone or anything to get it. I already own this book loose and would have to sell it myself if I went through with this purchase. I know none of this is your fault and I do apologize for this but I would like to be relieved of this if possible. Thanks.

Jason

- daddyj820

My point, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE OFFERS IF YOU ARE AN insufficiently_thoughtful_person!!!

You seem to enjoy pressing offer buttons, but "not sure why" you are doing so,

Lots of stupid people in this world, many on Ebay,

Have a nice day,

BB

I would like to agree to cancel purchase with ebay and not suffer any penalties due to the nature of the deal having not out bid anyone or anything to get it.

That's my favorite part. How stupid is this guy?

That is ridiculous... Why bother? Was it a late night drunken offer?

You honor your bids and agreements. Anything else barring a real emergency that involves sudden and unexpected circumstances (illness, job loss or something of that nature) is irrelevant.

You honor your bids and agreements. Anything else barring a real emergency that involves sudden and unexpected circumstances (illness, job loss or something of that nature) is irrelevant.

+1 I'd report him to eBay. If sellers are obligated to sell their comics no matter what the winning bid or offer is, then buyers have a responsibility to follow through with their own purchases.

Look we all know there are boneheaded bidders on Ebay . Make the best of this . Send the insufficiently_thoughtful_person buyer a polite but stern note . Tell him to be more careful in the future . Tell him there is a website you go to and his ability to buy from other sellers might suffer if he continues to do this .

Cancel the transaction . If you make this person pay for it they will just leave you negative feedback.

You might just get someone here interested at that price .

Live to fight another day .

Oh and if you ever read other threads here, you should know to put the scan of the back cover up. It doesnt take that much longer and many bidders appreciate it . Which might help you sell it faster .

I just blocked a bidder. I have an item that includes shipping for $12.99. Buyer makes an offer for $5. I simply say, "Please note that the item already includes shipping I cannot sell it for less than it would cost to ship it essentially paying you to take it." I countered with $11.50 (little more than 10%)

It is one of those Mighty Muggs figures if that gives an idea.

He then offered $6.

I responded the same as above and said, "I am sorry that we cannot do business." and declined. Then blocked him.

It's been a ridiculous day at work. I will be polite but do not have to put up with nonsensical wildly_fanciful_statement.

Blocked - any potential deal with this guy will be probably be a time waster.

Buyers need to be held accountable.

Whenever a buyer uses the "buy it now" option and then does not respond or pay within 3 days I open a case against them in the form of canceling the transaction.

While the case is still open and I'm supposed to wait 7 days for my final value credit I have gone ahead and relisted the book so that it's back on the market. If it sells to another buyer then the original then too bad for the 1st pretend buyer.

It's not a perfect solution but it's a simple way to combat the system and not continue to be frozen by a buyer who isn't honoring their commitment.

You are better off letting the UID runs it's course. That way he can't leave FB (unless he pays). Remember to close it out.

I have the same buyer on my block list. He made an offer on this item. I counter offered. He accepted and paid. It was a slab. Free Priority shipping, next day, and there was no communication between us. So that means I get an automatic 5 stars for everything accept "item as described", which is the only star he would be allowed to rate. I ran a report to see what ratings he left me. He gives it a 4, instead of a 5. Why? It was a slab with clear pics of front, back, and the label. I guess he is just one of those people that can't give 5 stars no matter what. He immediately went on my BBL.

You are better off letting the UID runs it's course. That way he can't leave FB (unless he pays). Remember to close it out.

I have the same buyer on my block list. He made an offer on this item. I counter offered. He accepted and paid. It was a slab. Free Priority shipping, next day, and there was no communication between us. So that means I get an automatic 5 stars for everything accept "item as described", which is the only star he would be allowed to rate. I ran a report to see what ratings he left me. He gives it a 4, instead of a 5. Why? It was a slab with clear pics of front, back, and the label. I guess he is just one of those people that can't give 5 stars no matter what. He immediately went on my BBL.

How does one go about doing that?

+1 I'd report him to eBay. If sellers are obligated to sell their comics no matter what the winning bid or offer is, then buyers have a responsibility to follow through with their own purchases.

plasticmoz made 3 offers to me. The first two were auto rejected, but the third one met my minimum so it went through. He quickly retracted it and selected, "entered wrong amount" as his excuse. He was obviously just fishing for the lowest amount I would accept for it. His offers were in $5 increments. There was no "wrong amount" inputted by him. I'm glad though...... A few days later someone else hit the BIN at full price and immediately paid for the same item he retracted his bid on. :banana: (That put an extra $45 in my pocket.)

LINK

LINK

Many thanks

I am more of a collector than a seller and only tried selling once on Ebay. I listed my Walking Dead # 1 auction style and got a good price for it...naturally the guy never paid or responded to any e-mails. I was more than happy to put it back on display in the man cave but the whole experience turned me off from ever selling there again. :/

LINK

Many thanks

HulkSmash does it again! lol It seems I wasn't the only one who didn't know how to do this.

I'm sorry to hear these stories guys! I'm a long-time eBay buyer and hate these id1ots give buyers a bad name! I ALWAYS pay instantly and if I can't, I'll email the seller before buying or even bidding. Even of payment is due later - I still do it as a courtesy.

And I have only left negative feedback twice in all my years and pretty much everyone gets 5 star feedback or I just don't leave any if I don't feel like it was a good transaction. I don't want to screw someone over that is trying to make a living and I can understand that. (shrug)

But there are also pr1ck sellers to deal with as well. Recently - I had been trying to buy a book off a seller that had been sitting there for awhile. He listed it at 10% off. I offered to buy it off of eBay (no auction fees) for 10% less than that with direct Paypal pmt.

Guy said a simple "pass". I told him he'd get the same amount either way and he'd just be helping me save a few bucks. Then he responds and offers me the book off of eBay for the SAME price as was the auction @ 10% off. I told him I'll just buy it on eBay then in that case! The guy immediately cancels the 10% off sale on eBay and reverts it back to full price!

Couple of weeks pass and I decide, whatever, I'll pay the extra money. So I write him saying "you win. I'll take the book t your asking price" - what's he do...? Immediately lowers the price back to the sale price - but at the same time blocks me! :frustrated:

So, just remember - there are still good buyers on eBay and sometimes we have to also deal with sh1tty sellers! :foryou:

LINK

Many thanks

HulkSmash does it again! lol It seems I wasn't the only one who didn't know how to do this.

How much ya wanna bet Buzz stays up all night, running reports? lol

I'm sorry to hear these stories guys! I'm a long-time eBay buyer and hate these id1ots give buyers a bad name! I ALWAYS pay instantly and if I can't, I'll email the seller before buying or even bidding. Even of payment is due later - I still do it as a courtesy.

And I have only left negative feedback twice in all my years and pretty much everyone gets 5 star feedback or I just don't leave any if I don't feel like it was a good transaction. I don't want to screw someone over that is trying to make a living and I can understand that. (shrug)

But there are also pr1ck sellers to deal with as well. Recently - I had been trying to buy a book off a seller that had been sitting there for awhile. He listed it at 10% off. I offered to buy it off of eBay (no auction fees) for 10% less than that with direct Paypal pmt.

Guy said a simple "pass". I told him he'd get the same amount either way and he'd just be helping me save a few bucks. Then he responds and offers me the book off of eBay for the SAME price as was the auction @ 10% off. I told him I'll just buy it on eBay then in that case! The guy immediately cancels the 10% off sale on eBay and reverts it back to full price!

Couple of weeks pass and I decide, whatever, I'll pay the extra money. So I write him saying "you win. I'll take the book t your asking price" - what's he do...? Immediately lowers the price back to the sale price - but at the same time blocks me! :frustrated:

So, just remember - there are still good buyers on eBay and sometimes we have to also deal with sh1tty sellers! :foryou:

Sounds like you ran into a real nimrod. doh!

If I were you, I would have walked away from him forever the moment he offered you the book off of eBay for the SAME price as was the auction @ 10% off.

If I were the seller I would have declined your offer to buy it off ebay. I only sell off ebay to people I know or at least have gotten to know a bit.... to make sure they are not a scammer. Especially since the buyer (you) came from ebay, which is a haven for scammers. Not saying you're a scammer, but how would an honest seller know that?

I've had repeat buyers that I've gotten to know a little, that have seen my ebay listings, and I've ended the listing and sold to them off ebay. Maybe next time, buy a few cheaper items from the seller and over time, you can build on that trust to do off ebay deals. :)

LINK

Many thanks

How much ya wanna bet Buzz stays up all night, running reports? lol

I don't think it will take him half as long as it took me to figure it out lol