• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly Pics

46 posts in this topic

This is not a thread just for me, but since one hasn't been started yet I thought I would share the few pics that I took and talk about my experiences at Philly this year.

I will start by saying I am not a hardcore convention scene guy. I go to two "big" shows a year and spend one full day at each. They are Philly and Baltimore. Both are close enough that I can make a day trip out of it. I would love to do San Diego one year but with my second kid on the way in a month, I don't see it happening soon.

The Philly show was great for me as my goal was to pick up a couple books I got graded, look at books to buy, and enjoy the show in a relaxed manner. I didn't have anything lined up for autographs or celebrities or anything like that so I walked around, looked at books, toys, and just people watched.

I enjoyed the show. The layout was much more spread out this year I thought and it was very easy to move around unlike previous years. Maybe it was crowd, but I thought there was a pretty good amount of people there. I am sure some dealers can chime in to confirm or contest that.

I visited a few dealers I know, talked to a couple I didn't, met up with a boardie or two, and bought a few things.

I don't have a ton of pics and they are all from my crappy cell phone, so they aren't great but they are con pics. Anyone that has more is free to post them in this thread.

Pics to follow...

First stop for me was Greg Reece's booth. I picked up a super sweet grail from him. Pic will be at the end of the thread.

As always Greg has a ton of nice stuff!

philly2.jpg

I didn't meet Henry Winkler, but he was a huge hit with everyone. He was super friendly and would randomly come out from behind the table and just walk up to people, put his arm around them, pose for pictures, etc.

Some of the celebrities are shall we say... a bit snooty. Not the Fonz. He was as cool as can be. Well, except in this shot that I took. Thought it was pretty funny.

philly6.jpg

I was a fan of Ricky the Dragon Steamboat as a kid. I still remember the day I was crushed when the Macho Man Randy Savage crushed his larynx by smashing him with the bell from the top rope. Wrestling was so awesome back then!

philly10.jpg

I had one other on site submission that I got back and was surprised with the grade. I will post it over in the PGM forum when I can get some decent pics. My legal size scanner sucks. If only there had been some sort of thread I could have read that lists models to get... :pullhair:

My wife and I are huge Breaking Bad fans. Gustavo was pleased to hear me tell him that the show just isn't the same without him.

philly8.jpg

Great actor. Got to meet him back in 1990 or '91, after 'Do the Right Thing'. He was touring college's speaking and came to Southeast Missouri State. One of the topics was 'African-American roles in Mainstream Hollywood Movies'.

Great speaker, super nice guy. He was awesome in Breaking Bad! Your right, it's not the same!

My wife and I are huge Breaking Bad fans. Gustavo was pleased to hear me tell him that the show just isn't the same without him.

philly8.jpg

Great actor. Got to meet him back in 1990 or '91, after 'Do the Right Thing'. He was touring college's speaking and came to Southeast Missouri State. One of the topics was 'African-American roles in Mainstream Hollywood Movies'.

Great speaker, super nice guy. He was awesome in Breaking Bad! Your right, it's not the same!

He was also in the movie "Fresh", which is a really good movie.

philly8.jpg

Great stuff man. love the HOS. and like me, you really look like your avatar lol