• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRETTY DC's (Batman 80 Page Annuals) for 9/8/04

24 posts in this topic

here are 5 of my nicest Batman Annuals.

they span 1961 to 1964 and, as usual, get better as they get newer.

i loved these as a kid since the batman's went a bit further back into the GA than the Supes did. (i didn't even buy Supes ann #1 because i had most of the stories already!!)

all were purchased at Sid's Luncheonette in Orange NJ by me 40+ years ago.

Enjoy............. grin.gif

1094491846057_batman_annuals.jpg

1093039578359_batman_annuals_001.jpg

1094313813257_batman_annuals_002.jpg

1095218243926_batman_annuals_003.jpg

1094244015664_batman_annuals_004.jpg

the backs have either "Pin-Ups", classic covers (batman #1 and Tec 27 on one issue), covers from which the books stories came, or advertising for current other DC's.

at the time, i believe they were fairly unique.......... thumbsup2.gif

here's what surprises me;

since 4:00pm yesterday afternoon, you're the only person to view and comment on the books. and after almost a full day, there have been less than 100 views!!

i would have thought that 1961-64 Batman Annuals would have triggered much more interest. ( i can understand the WW's, MIS, SSWS, etc, but this is BATMAN for crissake!!!!)

oh well...................... frown.gif

I thought they were great, but couldn't think of anything to add to the thread. frown.gif

i understand - i'm not so much complaining as expressing surprise at the seeming lack of interest.

for example, when i posted my best Flashes, others (notably tth2) posted some of theirs filling in the gaps and got some discussion/comments flowing........ smile.gif

I thought they were great, but couldn't think of anything to add to the thread. frown.gif

i understand - i'm not so much complaining as expressing surprise at the seeming lack of interest.

for example, when i posted my best Flashes, others (notably tth2) posted some of theirs filling in the gaps and got some discussion/comments flowing........ smile.gif

I suppose you could say that the Batman S.A. annuals are often overlooked in the marketplace, and generally don't go for even close to guide in VFN and below (the main factor would be that they are reprint books). This is a shame, as they're so characteristic of the Silver Age - those covers are excellent, and make you want to peruse the stories. Great gloss and colors on your copies, btw. Mostly in the 9.0 range.

All right, I could think of something after all. insane.gif

Great Books! thumbsup2.gif (So thats what a Zebra Batman looks like!! 893applaud-thumb.gif)

i'm not so much complaining as expressing surprise at the seeming lack of interest.

I have no Batman Annuals to post. frown.gifsorry.gif

here's what surprises me;

since 4:00pm yesterday afternoon, you're the only person to view and comment on the books. and after almost a full day, there have been less than 100 views!!

And to think, you could have used that time to put together a deal on the TOS 52 and 53 that we discussed. devil.gif

yay.gifheadbang.gif

P.S. Nice books as always, Harry. flowerred.gif