• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Heroes RPG

70 posts in this topic

Seems like a fun game, I played it for a couple hours this afternoon. It's a Diablo clone with an MU setting, what's not to like?

In the long run, I do think they need to add more playable characters; they have a decent number now, but there are so many cool MU characters we could be playing as, so having the screen filled with 5 Hawkeyes, 5 Daredevils, 6 Things and 8 Storms is kind of blah. I only ran into a couple people using Scarlet Witch, so she seems to be least popular of the five available for free at the start of the game. On the other hand, I only saw two people using paid character speriod - one Cap and one Deadpool.

I have been playing since Beta and really like the game. I bought a the $59.99 Avengers Assemble pack with CA, Hulk, IM and Captain Marvel and with the 5000 Gs bought Thor.

You "can" get character and costume drops in game but I haven't seen any drop since the beta. I have a feeling they will be pretty rare drops as buying characters and costumes is their main source of revenue.

yup, no go for us Mac users.... Awesome.

:facepalm:

Mac users are almost 10% nowadays. (which is a far cry from the 2% it was back in the early 2000s).

Downloading it now.

I enjoyed the Beta last month. Played as Cap and Spidey (of course!!). Beat Green Goblin, Living Laser, Electro and Shocker. Electro is a world boss so there were like a dozen of us trying to kill him. Oh and i remember seeing Venom escape from a jail. I heard he's a really tough boss.

I want to try Rocket Raccoon lol

Would be fun if a few of us play together. Remember it's free to download and free to play. You only have to pay if you want to unlock certain characters and costumes but you can play the whole game without paying a cent.

Oh and also those of you that asked for a Mac version, it's coming, just not at launch.

I tried Rocket Raccoon, played him up to level 5 or 6. He seems pretty fun. So far I've been enjoying Cable and Wolverine the most. Of the free to play characters I played Scarlet Witch a bit and she was fun too but I think she would work best playing with other people, not solo.

The mac version is coming post launch. I am running Windows 7 through boot camp on my mac book pro to be able to play. Everything I earn in game will transfer to the mac client when launched.

The mac version is coming post launch. I am running Windows 7 through boot camp on my mac book pro to be able to play. Everything I earn in game will transfer to the mac client when launched.

Oh sweet. Might try that later then. Thanks!! :)

It's pretty cool! I think maybe they'll be adding new features (like pvp, etc). And it's free (which is always a plus in my book).

Also DC Universe Online is kind of cool, if you've never played it. And it's free to play also.

i tweeted them and they said try some bits but it all leads to a bigger problem so downloading the game through Steam instead and other way it keeps getting stuck at pre-install when its aready downloaded