• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor Quality Control

51 posts in this topic

So out of 15 CGC SS books that came back from C2E2, 8 of them had one of the sides of the outer case unsealed. Customer Service tells my this is normal as they only seal the corners. Personally this sounds like poor quality control to me. Has this happened to anyone else? If so what route did you take? Sell them as is with a note one side isn't fully sealed? Pay to have them reholdered and risk them coming back the same way?

Yep every single slab I own, and have held in my hands, were exactly the same way.

So out of 15 CGC SS books that came back from C2E2, 8 of them had one of the sides of the outer case unsealed. Customer Service tells my this is normal as they only seal the corners. Personally this sounds like poor quality control to me. Has this happened to anyone else? If so what route did you take? Sell them as is with a note one side isn't fully sealed? Pay to have them reholdered and risk them coming back the same way?

Are you saying the other 7 are sealed???

They leave the sides open in case your comic gets dirty, you can run it through the dishwasher to get them clean again.

They leave the sides open in case your comic gets dirty, you can run it through the dishwasher to get them clean again.

Silly Balls, that much heat is not good for a comic book (tsk)

Are you saying the other 7 are sealed???

And the other three sides of the offending 8? lol

As you can tell by the responses, only the corners are sealed.

A small gap along the sides between the two halves of the holder is normal and is more than likely what you are seeing.

On the other hand, there have been a couple of instances where this gap was unusually large and CGC decided to reholder for free. Put up some pics if you want to know whether what you are seeing is normal or not.

I like to run a dust rag through the opening as part of my monthly holder maintenance routine.