• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Comics fight against cancer

12 posts in this topic

Okay... add this to the list of things that have brought a tear to my eye.

Which reminds me... remember, Sloan Kettering and other places can always use platelets and blood. It is easy to donate blood. Platelets take longer. Both are things that no amount of donated money can buy.

It doesn't take too much out of your day.

Okay... add this to the list of things that have brought a tear to my eye.

Which reminds me... remember, Sloan Kettering and other places can always use platelets and blood. It is easy to donate blood. Platelets take longer. Both are things that no amount of donated money can buy.

It doesn't take too much out of your day.

Very easy to donate at your local Red Cross too! Platelets take longer but are more valuable to the donee, and takes less of a toll on the donor. Its actually pretty relaxing, you kind of mellow out while they put a heavy blanket on you and you can watch a few episodes of a tv show or a movie while you donate. I think last time I watched 6 eps of Seinfeld. The time before I watched "Hitman" and a few epsiodes of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm".

then they give you some snacks and juice, maybe a prize. I've gotten a baseball cap, a long sleeve tshirt (relatively high quality), a fanny pack, etc.

Good use of a few hours. A lot of jobs give you some volunteer time every month. Most companies let you take those hours for blood donation. Take an afternoon to chill and help some people in need!