• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

79 posts in this topic

Are you a postal employee?

I work at Westside station here in Frankfort, Ky (window clerk, um, I mean, SSA).

Where you located?

Yes, P&D Annex Wichita Falls, TX (Full-Time Flex, Dist. Clerk)

As a Postal employeee, do you have any opinion on the usage of Media Mail for shipping comics. Some folks here feel that it is okay and not a problem and others have actually had packages opened and rejected.

My local P.O. guy readily accepts media mail packages, but warns that ALL materil inside the package must meet the bound print concept, i.e. no additional verbage such as a personal correspondence letter to the buyer(I guess an invoice is still okay?).

What do you say about it.

It's a real simple policy. If the ad in it is current, it shouldn't be media. If the ad is old, you should be good to go. Tell that to the next window clerk that won't let you ship media.

Me? If its a comic, its media!!! I support those that would buy and sell comics!

I have found no actual wording for comics in any manual so I guess its up to the window clerk. Come to my window with a free comic and you're good to go! Bribery goes a long way.

Are you a postal employee?

I work at Westside station here in Frankfort, Ky (window clerk, um, I mean, SSA).

Where you located?

Yes, P&D Annex Wichita Falls, TX (Full-Time Flex, Dist. Clerk)

As a Postal employeee, do you have any opinion on the usage of Media Mail for shipping comics. Some folks here feel that it is okay and not a problem and others have actually had packages opened and rejected.

My local P.O. guy readily accepts media mail packages, but warns that ALL materil inside the package must meet the bound print concept, i.e. no additional verbage such as a personal correspondence letter to the buyer(I guess an invoice is still okay?).

What do you say about it.

Sorry, but I don't have the knowledge to answer the rules on media mail. Eredman, is the man to ask about the ins and outs. Being a window clerk he has superior knowledge when it comes to the rules of different types of mail. I personally would not use media mail. I use priority mail. Ya, it costs a little more but your mail is handled better and it gets there a heck of a lot quicker. Comics are so fragile. I sure would not want them in the system any longer than they have to be. If it's an option, you should use registered mail. It is the most secure and well handled method that I have found. Hope that helps!

"Comics are so fragile. I sure would not want them in the system any longer than they have to be"

OOH, I love honesty from a postal employee... "the horrors that he's seen, the horror of its' sting, the unholiest of kings....."(slightly paraphrased)

Now lets see who can finish the above quote and name the artist? A little age and makeup would help.