• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of the scarcity of Chilling Tales 1 and 13?

I never have any luck locating those.

hm

ChillTales_13sm.jpg

And there's a way cool Matt Fox story inside. An adaptation of Poe's "The Hand of Glory".

CLASSIC! CLASSIC! Crandall art in two stories. Such an underappreciated book...

1052834601_33646f5d7f_o.jpg

Classic Crandall is correct. I've seen repros of some of the pages but never read both stories through. Some day...

And there's a way cool Matt Fox story inside. An adaptation of Poe's "The Hand of Glory".

I didn't know there was a Matt Fox story inside... I thought he only did the covers. I've been wanting to get those books for a long time, but they keep getting put on the back burner. Same with Weird Chills.

I'll try to scan them, but it may be too fragile for me to try...

Don't risk a book on my account. I'm very patient.

I didn't know there was a Matt Fox story inside... I thought he only did the covers. I've been wanting to get those books for a long time, but they keep getting put on the back burner. Same with Weird Chills.

Only issue 13 has cover and story by Fox. 9 pages long, IIRC.

The controversial ebay darling of the moment...

1053566523_f62996fb6c_o.jpg

Why is this one controversial?

Because a VG+ copy was recently listed on ebay claiming it to be the rarest pre code horror (Which it isn't) and it sold for about 5x guide, so then another copy came up, CGC 6.0 which sold for 4x guide, then another came up in GD which sold for about 1.75x guide, then another came up in VG/F and is currently sitting at 3.5x guide with some time left to go.

I am guessing the high prices are being paid based on the stated false assumption of it being the rarest book out there.

Did you purchase any in Chicago or do you mean you are now looking into getting som p-c horror? (shrug)

I did. A lot of precode. Showed off my books at the forum dinner. What til you see what I picked up. And by the way, I'm still not done getting precodes. I'm on a mission in Chicago.

Angelo

Did you purchase any in Chicago or do you mean you are now looking into getting som p-c horror? (shrug)

I did. A lot of precode. Showed off my books at the forum dinner. What til you see what I picked up. And by the way, I'm still not done getting precodes. I'm on a mission in Chicago.

Angelo

I concur...I went through A's stack of spirits and pch, and really enjoyed them...I have not made any purchases yet, but I am compiling a list (have to have a plan!)

gator

Just got back from helping Brad break down his books and such. As tired as I am, I feel like a kid with a new toy dying to show it off. So let the festivities begin! First off is my purchase from our own Moondog (thanks for everything Gary (worship) ) He had posted this book in Bangzoom's thread and I really liked the John Guinta cover. So it now resides in my collection

Spook1.jpg