• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,259 posts in this topic

from wikipedia

On the night of his death, Maneely had dined with colleagues in Manhattan. He did not have his glasses with him, and was killed when he accidentally fell between the cars of a moving commuter train on his way home.[1]

that was 1958, he was 32. Cripes! I am older then he lived to be... :o

Edited by shiverbones

that is 4 copies of MT12 recently, the 4th is in Quicksilver's inventory in the UK. No other dealers have one though, and it hasn't been on ebay in god knows how long, so I think it still is one of the tougher Atlas books,

Well, I think it sat on our website for two years until you bought it last week. :)

My Chilling Tales #13 arrived today! It was a bit of a chance auction since the pictures were not very good. It was described as GD, but looked better. Great eye appeal, slight miscut and a nickel sized water stain by the monster's elbows. I'd say it's a VG, strongly together, so I am verry happy! The only down note, is the Matt Fox story is printed so off center on the page it actually cuts into the 1st line of type in the top row of panels. :(

1205968192_b8d31f33f0_o.jpg

Do you need to know what the words are? I can try to find my copy but wouldn't be before this weekend as I'm in the middle of a move.

Glad you finally got a copy! :applause:

And what a book it is! :headbang:

Looking at smaller images of this cover I always thought the "Clapper head" had a gold ring in it's nose. I see that's not the case now, cool book!

Thanks!

I think it's really gruesome too, Even more so than Tomb of Terror 15 in my eyes.

Well the sprocket does take a little away from ToT 15 - I'd drop it behind Black Cat 50 for that, b ut it's still one of my faves.

As for WT 25 - it should be obvious I'm a fan! Harvey sure did it's fair share of producing classic covers.

Nice pickup!