• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

Here is one I purchased from Andy at Goldust Comics last spring I think. It was in a nice CGC holder but I always crack them out when I get them. Its a 9.0 with beautiful pages. I also included a pic where I did some digital enhancements via Photoshop. I want to make a print for the wall so I figured I would make it as nice as possible.

-

Original scan

HOF90web.jpg

Enhanced version

HOFprintAweb.jpg

Reasonably nice looking low grade copy, a.k.a., PoS but someone's got to give those books some love :/

"He Waits at the Tombstone" is by Maneely. (thumbs u

:luhv: there, I gave them a little love too...

Here is one I purchased from Andy at Goldust Comics last spring I think. It was in a nice CGC holder but I always crack them out when I get them. Its a 9.0 with beautiful pages. I also included a pic where I did some digital enhancements via Photoshop. I want to make a print for the wall so I figured I would make it as nice as possible.

-

Original scan

HOF90web.jpg

Enhanced version

HOFprintAweb.jpg

Nice looking cover and better after the photoshop. I tried to fix the color on this scan of Four Favorites 9 but I think it went a little too purple

but the flesh tones are more correct than the jaundice that was there before the adjustment. I like the robot and the cartoony style.

bb

3071443244_58057fa4b6.jpg

Shiverbones,

Haunted Thrills #5 isn't that rare in nice shape. I saw a couple of them over the past few years in between CGC 5.0 and 7.0. It's a great book... Farrells don't get the credit they deserve. The interiors are always entertaining.

spaceman.jpg

Do all these books have Everett covers?That is awesome.

The 3 is the only other Everett cover.

link

Not a thread I can post in very often.

MYSTERY TALES #12 with a Joe Maneely Ghost cover!

mysterytales12a.jpg

MYSTERY TALES #16 with a (probably) Brodsky cover. Not very scary, but apparently the contents make up for it. The seller describes a Myron Fass story where a skinny guy pushes his bloated wife over the railing of a cruise ship and she is devoured by talking alligators.

mysterytales16a.jpg

Seller's scans. I can't wait to get these in hand!

Jack