• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,289 posts in this topic

They are so tough in high grade too unless you count Gaines copies which I normally don't since they aren't really the means of the market. Not that I don't love em, cause they are purddy! Just a little unrealistic for us average folks

Don't forget about #s 19 and 23! Love those ones.

please post pics of those two so i don't have to dig em out and scan em. hopefully someone will do it soon cause the curiosity will creep up on me and i'll wind up doing it anyway so i can see the covers again.

so hurry!

Well, it's not #19 or #23, but it is a good companion to the #22, what with the axe theme and all...

crime_suspenstories_7.jpg

My question is this: If there's a crazed axe killer on the loose in her town, why is this sweet young lady leaving axes lying around the house for anyone to pick up and start hacking with?

I don't have the #23 in my photobucket meh... but this cover is under rated.

Scan10002-1.jpg

it is under rated but look at the books that preceed it, three drop dead hotty classic covers. shock definitely has more gory stuff than the CSS run.

that's a beautiful book you've got there!

note the sig

shock7.jpg

Well, it's not #19 or #23, but it is a good companion to the #22, what with the axe theme and all...

crime_suspenstories_7.jpg

My question is this: If there's a crazed axe killer on the loose in her town, why is this sweet young lady leaving axes lying around the house for anyone to pick up and start hacking with?

tight looking book!

i'm pretty sure the hatchet showed up in a cgc box that was put to the side to open later, she already knew the grades so wasn't in a hurry. the killer was actually the one who delivered it and switched its contents, hence the hacking of the hot girl.

remember that folks before you just sit that box to the side for later, safer to check it now

I picked this up off the bay a few years ago. at the time it was the first book i ever received that smelled like an ashtray. I've had a few since and it's definitely a jacked up feeling when a huge puff of smoke hits you before you can even get to the books. That's like third hand smoke right?

Pretty cool though, just found it by accident.

ecchecklist.jpg

It is amazing. This guy was very famous, same dude on the cover of CSS 6 and hanging around again in Vault of Horror 37. seems like there's another i'm missing with him

Yes indeed here he is hanging around again....

VaultOfHorror37CGC94owwGaines.jpg

It is amazing. This guy was very famous, same dude on the cover of CSS 6 and hanging around again in Vault of Horror 37. seems like there's another i'm missing with him

Yes indeed here he is hanging around again....

VaultOfHorror37CGC94owwGaines.jpg

Outstanding composition by Craig! For some reason that always reminds of the entrance room at Disney's Haunted Mansion.