• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,252 posts in this topic

:bump:

Been a while since anything was posted here.

Still plugging along recreating this display from the Senate Hearings -

93648.jpg

I am down to a few holes, my current actual holdings being on display below.

Note that this indicates that (apart from the Black Magic issue) these missing books have not been listed once on eBay over the past 1 ½ + years I've been looking for these books!

93649.jpg

And since there was one book that was the "star" of the hearings, I figured I should add it to the collection.

It seems all the cool kids on the boards got their copy a couple of years ago ... but, hey, I'm patient :cool: -

93650.jpg

:bump:

Been a while since anything was posted here.

Still plugging along recreating this display from the Senate Hearings -

93648.jpg

I am down to a few holes, my current actual holdings being on display below.

Note that this indicates that (apart from the Black Magic issue) these missing books have not been listed once on eBay over the past 1 ½ + years I've been looking for these books!

93649.jpg

Scrooge, that is so cool! (worship)

Nice #22 too! (thumbs u

And since there was one book that was the "star" of the hearings, I figured I should add it to the collection.

It seems all the cool kids on the boards got their copy a couple of years ago ... but, hey, I'm patient :cool: -

93650.jpg

Looks like you're finally headed in the right direction! :applause:

This one hasnt arrived yet but should be here in a couple of days from Comiclink. What really got me excited about this book was the CGC note of "White Pages". Its not often you see that designation on a Golden Age book. Its graded as a 6.5 but just from the FC it sure looks nicer. Maybe the back has some damage...we shall soon see. Either way my favorite Ingels cover so Im happy.

RAD949242010215_144332.jpg

This one hasnt arrived yet but should be here in a couple of days from Comiclink. What really got me excited about this book was the CGC note of "White Pages". Its not often you see that designation on a Golden Age book. Its graded as a 6.5 but just from the FC it sure looks nicer. Maybe the back has some damage...we shall soon see. Either way my favorite Ingels cover so Im happy.

:applause:

Great book! WTTB!

Well the book arrived today and judging from the lack of visible defects on the scan I figured there would be either a bunch of tiny and or small flaws or a big one on the back. The book has 3-4 minor flaws but I dont think that it warrants knocking it down to a F+. 2 dinged lower corners that are visible in the scan one small crease just above the lamp on the front cover and one tiny chip at the top. The BC is flawless and it has white pages. There are just a few very light creases on the spine. I would grade the book higher myself and Im picky. Ive heard that CGC had some pretty harsh grades the first few years and this book has the older label. Im wondering if I should re-submit it. If I do should I crack it out of the slab and send it fresh or send it slabbed??? I just wonder if the old grade affects how they would re-grade it? Regardless Im super happy with the book the colors are so vivid and rich like a Gaines File copy (I used to own a File Copy of this issue).

Edited by Graham Wrightson

Well the book arrived today and judging from the lack of visible defects on the scan I figured there would be either a bunch of tiny and or small flaws or a big one on the back. The book has 3-4 minor flaws but I dont think that it warrants knocking it down to a F+. 2 dinged lower corners that are visible in the scan one small crease just above the lamp on the front cover and one tiny chip at the top. The BC is flawless and it has white pages. There are just a few very light creases on the spine. I would grade the book higher myself and Im picky. Ive heard that CGC had some pretty harsh grades the first few years and this book has the older label. Im wondering if I should re-submit it. If I do should I crack it out of the slab and send it fresh or send it slabbed??? I just wonder if the old grade affects how they would re-grade it? Regardless Im super happy with the book the colors are so vivid and rich like a Gaines File copy (I used to own a File Copy of this issue).

Welcome to the boards! :)

Congrats on picking up an awesome book! I love those EC issues and Ghastly is one of my favorite comic artists. I haven't gotten a Gaines File Copy yet but it's on my wantlist!

Thanks. Ive had 2 file copies (the other being a Tales Fron The Crypt #40) and believe it or not 7 or maybe even 8 different copies of Haunt of Fear #12 I think its Ingels best cover of the run with #18, #14 and #15 a close second. I will say this about File copies they are as advertised. They look fresh off the press! I wish I hadnt sold mine nor the other 7 copies of Haunt #12. Im thrilled with this one though as it probably comes as close in regards to color, gloss and paper quality to a Gaines File copy as Ive seen...even better than my old slabbed 9.2 Northford copy.

Edited by Graham Wrightson

Thanks. Ive had 2 file copies (the other being a Tales Fron The Crypt #40) and believe it or not 7 or maybe even 8 different copies of Haunt of Fear #12 I think its Ingels best cover of the run with #18, #14 and #15 a close second. I will say this about File copies they are as advertised. They look fresh off the press! I wish I hadnt sold mine nor the other 7 copies of Haunt #12. Im thrilled with this one though as it probably comes as close in regards to color, gloss and paper quality to a Gaines File copy as Ive seen...even better than my old slabbed 9.2 Northford copy.
wttb

please post some more goodies

Post more books! Some of us can't get enough EC.