• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

Very nice Sekowsky cover that reminds me of my pre-Katrina visits to New Orleans.

aindark.jpg

Adventures Into Darkness 13

Haunt14.jpg

Awesome cover - presents much nicer in person.

Why didn't I start collecting this stuff sooner??

I know what you mean. I've collected ECs off and on for 20 years and all I have are higher standards and a few nice books. It's brutal on your wallet. Just don't look at the wartime Golden Age comics and you'll be okay. Early Golden Age books are just a giant lesson of wanting and never having.

Those damn photo-journals. They're a blessing and a curse.

Nice Ingels cover, by the way. Always liked that one but never owned it. (thumbs u

Recent pick ups from a fellow boardie!

Love this cover for a couple of reasons, I grew up by the beach so this imagry was always creepy to me and it has a cool Elias cover too!

BlackCatMystery48.jpg

The title page was interesting as the book was touting itself with something called "Factor X"! Two of the stories were predictable and two were not.

BCM49Title.jpg

River of Blood was the best story with a twist ending that caught me off guard but the first story "The Lonely" greets you with this grand colorful corpse splash! :cloud9:

BCM49Splash.jpg

Love this cover for a couple of reasons, I grew up by the beach so this imagry was always creepy to me and it has a cool Elias cover too!

BlackCatMystery48.jpg

The title page was interesting as the book was touting itself with something called "Factor X"! Two of the stories were predictable and two were not.

BCM49Title.jpg

River of Blood was the best story with a twist ending that caught me off guard but the first story "The Lonely" greets you with this grand colorful corpse splash! :cloud9:

BCM49Splash.jpg

Love the Nostrand art in that one!

Very nice Sekowsky cover that reminds me of my pre-Katrina visits to New Orleans.

aindark.jpg

Adventures Into Darkness 13

:) not much has changed!

Good to hear. (thumbs u

One of my favorite covers ever...poor guy! "I left that heart around here somewhere..."

weirdfp.png

That is a great cover, from the strange low perspective to the distorted body of Mr. "Heartless"! :applause:

BlackCatMystery48.jpg

BCM49Title.jpg

BCM49Splash.jpg

Looks familiar! hm Great looking book! Congrats on the pickup Jay!

Reminds me of my time spent growing up at the Shore too. Looks like a Ciba Geigy pollution creature creeping out of Barnaget Bay! :sick:

Definitely great colors on this cover but the skeletons are a nice creepy touch. :applause:

One more for today, love the rainbow sky effect on this one!

But trust me, you don't want to know what's "Up There!" :eek:

WitchesTales26.jpg

I was really hoping to find the original story in this issue of one that I read years ago reprinted (and probably redrawn) in an Eerie Publications Mag. This cover is so reminisant of it. It was a story of a guy who finds a magic flute that brings back to life the old bones of evil witches in a mountain cave. After the man realizes this he throws the flute out of the cave (apparently when the flute is silent the witches revert to bones), unfortunatley the lack of music from the flute also seals the man in the cave with the witches! :(

Alas, that was not the cover story in this issue and the actual story was a real let down...