• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

Picked this up from PointFive right before the holidays. Great book with great page quality and a wonderful feel to the book. I wasn't going to post it but I ran into Scentaur at Terry's show today and he got a big kick out of it and suggested I do so. Enjoy.

It looks like a very nice copy. :applause:

Picked this up from PointFive right before the holidays. Great book with great page quality and a wonderful feel to the book. I wasn't going to post it but I ran into Scentaur at Terry's show today and he got a big kick out of it and suggested I do so. Enjoy.

It looks like a very nice copy. :applause:

It is. 40Yrs was kind enough to show the book to me today, and it's a beauty - kudos to.5 also for such a fair sale!

Man, that's a nice-looking book! Congrats on the pick-up. What stories are in that one? I don't think I've owned one before.

Best story involves a scientist's helper going back in time and giving birth to himself!! Freak out city. I'm my own Dad. Another involved some space men becoming Mexican Jumping Beans on alien world. Two other stories, one involving corporate greed and another involving man and machine. Classic EC stuff, great artwork and stories with a twist. Love it.

wtf7.jpg

Is that the 5.5 copy that Rich just bought here on the boards? It presents very nicely.

it is; a little too low-grade for that mint-monster, but i collect under no such limitation. proud to have it reside in my modest little mid-grade box.

and thanks, sir.

There was quite a few really nice pre-codes closing on Heritage yesterday... Anybody win any? Hoping to live vicariously through others...

I was after a couple but they all went for above GPA....

I don't subscribe to GPA - are there enough sales for an average to be useful for precode horror?

There was quite a few really nice pre-codes closing on Heritage yesterday... Anybody win any? Hoping to live vicariously through others...

I was after a couple but they all went for above GPA....

I don't subscribe to GPA - are there enough sales for an average to be useful for precode horror?

On certain classic or icon books, yes. Granted, a few sales that should be there are missing (not Clink ones) but by and large it's a useful tool.

I wouldn't've been concerned if a book I was after went say 10 - 25% over GPA (as these things don't come along too often), but last night the two books I wanted were about 60 - 75% above well before auction end.