• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

I just tripled my non-EC pre-code collection. Thanks dear tax return! Can anyone advise:

i) Are these any good?

ii) Payette's grading?

i) they are usually good, sometimes great - look out for issues with Everett and Heath art

ii)Jim's grading is usually sound, especially in the low to midgrades - maybe less sure by current standards on the very high grades - say, VF and above.

Edited by alanna

Adv Into Weird Worlds 23 is a good all-around issue with a fun cover and interior. I don't know any details about the others.

The judge getting judged theme is a nice sub-genre within pre-code. And those last Mys Adv are super-gorey. (thumbs u

Just got this one...love this cover

ma20.jpg

I just tripled my non-EC pre-code collection. Thanks dear tax return! Can anyone advise:

i) Are these any good?

Now that's a silly question. They are most definitely not good, they are fantastically terrific! :sumo:

I love the Atlas horror books! That Mystic #26 is a classic decap cover! :headbang: And how could you go wrong with a book that bosts "Bertha gets Buried!"? :applause:

Mystic19a.jpg

"BONG!" lol

I believe there is a superb Harry Anderson story in that issue! :applause:

This in yesterday is, by my count, my 250th Atlas War issue. Is this now lunacy?

Battlefield # 4 - And it's quite a nice representation of why I like Atlas War books. A striking cover in my mind.

111048.jpg.f4765757e920653e5cabb35c02195d72.jpg

This in yesterday is, by my count, my 250th Atlas War issue.

Only about 5000 left to go (thumbs u

A striking cover in my mind.

That looks like a Harry Anderson cover based on a Burgos layout. Heath told me that he was required on more than one occasion to draw an Atlas cover based on a sketch from Burgos. I did not get the sense that he was pleased about that in the same way that he enjoyed working over Harvey Kurtzman's layouts.

This in yesterday is, by my count, my 250th Atlas War issue. Is this now lunacy?

Battlefield # 4 - And it's quite a nice representation of why I like Atlas War books. A striking cover in my mind.

250? Lunacy? It sounds like a good start. Now hurry up and get the rest.

i) Are these any good?

ii) Payette's grading?

I don't expect to get these in my paws anytime soon, since they are going to the States, then Canada, then here in the UK lol A winding road!

Adventures-Into-Weird-Worlds23F.jpg

Mystic26F.jpg

Spellbound7F.jpg

Uncanny-Tales12F.jpg

Frigging Wertheim skrewed up a good thing for like 10 years. Douch*e!

Great cover!