• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,262 posts in this topic

That's not one you see often. (thumbs u

Got this one too!

fac7.jpg

That's vicious!!! :o

Finally found one of my favorite pre-code covers of all time...

fac19.jpg

Excellent stories in the Ajax horror books like this one. :applause:

voodoo9.jpg

Some more fairly recent purchases. Really happy with the Gem in particular, so extra thanks to West.

group-1.jpg

So, it's now official ... you're the second coming of Adamstrange :baiting:

The Gem looks spectacular. It looks like the colors on it are a little different from other copies I've seen, or am I dreaming?

Great copy of Ghost 2. That book needs nice solid blacks for the effect to really come out and that copy does just that.

And that's an upgrade on the Beware, no? GR too?

So, it's now official ... you're the second coming of Adamstrange :baiting:

The Gem looks spectacular. It looks like the colors on it are a little different from other copies I've seen, or am I dreaming?

Great copy of Ghost 2. That book needs nice solid blacks for the effect to really come out and that copy does just that.

And that's an upgrade on the Beware, no? GR too?

The Gem seems to be special. Much darker colors than on other copies I have seen.

The Beware is low grade, but it was cheap and the cover is cool so I picked it up. The GR is the only one I have, sold the lower grade one I had awhile ago.

They look that good only when the book is as white as that copy must be. (worship)

ShockSuspenstories6cgc55cowJerryRobinson.jpg

Comichut, I love this Wood cover one of my favourites. I puchased this copy from a boardie, although not recently.

SSS6.jpg

I purchased this one last year from Ron Murray...

shocksuspenstories6.jpg

Is that the CDNP CGC 7.0 that was in the recent Heritage weekly auction?

Yes, good eye. I'd been after one for quite awhile. Classic cover, pretty tough to find in decent shape, and this was a tightly graded copy. Great looking, got hammered for a tear on the spine.

:sorry: I cost you $

Yes, good eye. I'd been after one for quite awhile. Classic cover, pretty tough to find in decent shape, and this was a tightly graded copy. Great looking, got hammered for a tear on the spine.

No worries. Didn't realize that you were after 40s/50s books, or crime books. We should talk.

No worries. Didn't realize that you were after 40s/50s books, or crime books. We should talk.

I have slowly been getting into pre code horror and crime books. Shoot me a PM so we can catch up!

Just picked this guy up. One of my favorite covers :cloud9:

c46.jpg

Very nice copy!

That's a good example of how "adult-oriented" comics used to be.