• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,289 posts in this topic

I love Superior especially the fact that they are so inferior.

I think the Iger Shop horror stories are anything but inferior. I find them clever and humorous, and the art never disappoints.

+1

Superiors provide some of the best reading of the pre-code horror era. Great art, great stories with many unique and off-the-wall concepts.

Black Cat has one of the best logo of all PCH series (IMO) and I like how they played a lot with it with coloring. Here it is with this gruesome cover to # 51.

That logo design is reminiscent of Weird Mysteries but your comment did make me stop and think about what logos I liked better and the answer was very, very few. Tales from the Crypt might be my favorite and Beware Terror Tales is also strong but I wish there were more like Black Cat.

The absolute best horror logos to me are Bill Everett's in his Venus and other Atlas horror stories but those were not used for covers.

:gossip: Nice pickups.

Nice choices. I really like the Farrell 'Haunted Thrills' logo and the Cole Blue Bolt Weird and Mask Comics logos.

Black Cat has one of the best logo of all PCH series (IMO) and I like how they played a lot with it with coloring. Here it is with this gruesome cover to # 51.

That logo design is reminiscent of Weird Mysteries but your comment did make me stop and think about what logos I liked better and the answer was very, very few. Tales from the Crypt might be my favorite and Beware Terror Tales is also strong but I wish there were more like Black Cat.

The absolute best horror logos to me are Bill Everett's in his Venus and other Atlas horror stories but those were not used for covers.

:gossip: Nice pickups.

Nice choices. I really like the Farrell 'Haunted Thrills' logo and the Cole Blue Bolt Weird and Mask Comics logos.

Every aspect of LB Cole covers is done well. (thumbs u

DC's Phantom Stranger logo is well-designed, like most of the DC Titles.

Based on what we now can see, you've been derelict in your duties. (tsk)

Great books! :applause:

I don't think I have ever posted anything in this thread hm

scan0006-4.jpg

TombofTerror15.jpg

You've got this and you've never posted in this thread before? Great way to start...at least three of the books you posted are must-owns for pre-code aficionados.

:blush:

I really like Horror books, but don't have a whole lot. Normally I end up just posting in the main GA thread vs. the specialized threads.

I'll try to do better. :foryou: