• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

shrunken,

I saw that shelly moldoff re-creation on ebay.

The first thing I did with the WoF #3 is scan it in at my workplace at 600 dpi,

gave it a little straighting out and touch up in photoshop, then printed it out on 13" x 19" photo paper. I'm picking up a frame for it next week!

shrunken,

I saw that shelly moldoff re-creation on ebay.

The first thing I did with the WoF #3 is scan it in at my workplace at 600 dpi,

gave it a little straighting out and touch up in photoshop, then printed it out on 13" x 19" photo paper. I'm picking up a frame for it next week!

Sweet. thumbsup2.gif That's definitely one for the wall, no doubt!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

SH and I have been talking about this book before and after he purchased it and I have to say that this is the nicest copy that I've seen in quite a while. Great purchase of an iconic cover! When you talk about pre-code classic covers (non-EC at least), in my opinion, the elite are few and this book is one of them. For me, it exemplifies the brazen nature of the "other guy" publishers... nothing was taboo, and this cover pulls no punches.

Edited by paull

SH and I have been talking about this book before and after he purchased it and I have to say that this is the nicest copy that I've seen in quite a while. Great purchase of an iconic cover! When you talk about pre-code classic covers (non-EC at least), in my opinion, the elite are few and this book is one of them. For me, it exemplifies the brazen nature of the "other guy" publishers... nothing was taboo, and this cover pulls no punches.

Yep, thanks again Paul for the pre-purchase discussion...I was dragging my feet on this book at first, but now I realize how badly I'd be kicking myself right now if I'd stalled too long and the book went into another permanent collection...it's certainly a book that's not likely to gather dust forever on a dealer's shelf. I'm glad I pulled the trigger. Definitely a keeper!

While this copy is certainly not high grade, it's the nicest copy I've seen come down the pike for a couple years. The front cover colors are surprisingly rich. Great "eye" appeal on this one. grin.gif

I'm sure that if I didn't have my beater copy, I would have gone for that book. In fact, I'm jealous of that copy... it's a terrific copy of a scarce book. I think that I'd like to find a VG companion for my Weird Mysteries #5. These are the two covers that I consider to be the best examples of the genre.

Hey Bob! I was tickled pink when I finally got my Skel 1. This be my copy. Ours are pretty danged similar! A really sweet ACG book!

skelhnd1.jpg

sh1.jpg

confused.gif893whatthe.gif

Holy Carp! It looks so similar, I thought you were pulling my chain. It's got the same off-centering and mis-cut coming inward along the right hand edge. They could be twins,..........Evil Twins! devil.gif

hi.gif

Holy Carp! It looks so similar, I thought you were pulling my chain. It's got the same off-centering and mis-cut coming inward along the right hand edge. They could be twins,..........Evil Twins!

You betcha! I confess I almost thought you had grabbed my scan they are so similarly cut. (well, ok. I knew you would not grab my scan but my eyebrows did a Groucho seeing yours!).

It nis a fine ACG pre-code. One of my favorites. Cannot wait to get a Clutching Hand!