• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,281 posts in this topic

Fantastic books - POV! A nice selection of one-shots 893applaud-thumb.gif

Looks like you picked up alot of nice mid-grade books with solid eye-appeal - how were the prices?- I keep reading reports of con prices on pre-code horror being sky-high - does SD have more realistic prices? Seeing your haul makes me really want to go to a big con in the next year!

I'd never seen the Murder Inc. before - you got to love it when the white space books have great covers thumbsup2.gif

Fight against Crime #12 is one of the first pre-code crime books I picked up (still have the copy) - great title with many excellent covers!

Looks like you picked up alot of nice mid-grade books with solid eye-appeal - how were the prices?-

You got it right, rj. That is just what I was going for. VG to Fine (some worked out even a titch higher) with overall good qualities and the more striking cover art.

Prices? Well, it is why I went 100% pre-code horror and crime. The most expensive book was that Crime Must Stop. I got several from Ted at Superworld and he gave me a deal on it for $276. (OK guide readers - put the guide away for this one. It was a bit over double guide but you know what? Even some of the dealers had not seen that rascal before.) Knock off maybe 5 more books that were in the $150 - 175 range and about 8 crime books that were in the freaking $14 range and bulk of the pre-code averaged about $60 each. It helped to know the dealers and come up to them with cash and a nice stack, too. But the books I refused to pay $100-150 for at Wondercon? I was paying for similar or better at $40 - 60. Not sure WHAT the heck happened. Heck I got a surprisingly nice EC Crime Suspense Stories for $21 (I'll post that one next) with OW-W pages.

Last one for now. A grail for me. More to come. Hope the pages don't load too slow. frown.gif Feels good to be back into precode!

cityofthelivingdead.jpg

Glad to see ya back in the GA forum, stranger! yay.gif

Great books, POV!!

I love the Crime Must Stop..... I think it's the same book that I was eyeing at the Philly con. Good thing that I had that Cap 74 that I still had to pay for, otherwise I would have bought it myself!

That's some haul!

Great books, POV!!

I love the Crime Must Stop..... I think it's the same book that I was eyeing at the Philly con. Good thing that I had that Cap 74 that I still had to pay for, otherwise I would have bought it myself!

That's some haul!

Thanks Paull. Still posting them but nearing the end thank god! If it was at Superworld then yeah - that was the one. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. And looking for a decent Monster Crime to accompany it adds another to my grail list!

Sopme very slight color touch on the cover knoked this one down to $51.

prisonbreak1.jpg

A true bargin at only $51.00 !!! Beautiful book! When you showed me this one at the Con, .....I got jealous. Christo_pull_hair.gifthumbsup2.gif