• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,281 posts in this topic

They could be twins,..........Evil Twins! devil.gif

They're evil! Burn them!

pyrohr.gif

Bad Norinn! Bad, bad Norinn!!! 893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

hiss.gif

angry_daffy_duck.gif

You're disssspicable!

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

I recently found out about the EC Tales of Terror Annuals. I check on Metro's site and they have two copies of the #3.

IF I was going to collect pre-code, I think these annuals would be what I would get since they reprint the best EC stories from each year (1950, 1951, 1952).

My question is how often do they come up for sale? How much do the #1 and #2 usually go for in VG?

popcorn.gif

I recently found out about the EC Tales of Terror Annuals. I check on Metro's site and they have two copies of the #3.

IF I was going to collect pre-code, I think these annuals would be what I would get since they reprint the best EC stories from each year (1950, 1951, 1952).

My question is how often do they come up for sale? How much do the #1 and #2 usually go for in VG?

popcorn.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif Sorry! You have to have a Level 4 clearance for that information! sign-rantpost.gif

popcorn.gif

Okay, we've used the poke2.gif enough. The Tales of Terror # 1 is a Gerber 6 (scarce/little scarce), # 2 & 3 are Gerber 5's (more common). In grades below Fine I would think around guide, give or take a little.

Overtreet Price VG 332 VG/F 415 thumbsup2.gif

Metro Price VG 400 VG/F 525 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Overstreet note: "No.1 contains three horror and one science fiction comic which came out in 1950. No.2 contains a horror, crime & science fiction book which generally had cover dating in 1951, and No.3 had horror, crime and shockbooks that generally appeared in 1952. All E.C. annuals contain four complete books that did not sell on the stands which were rebound in the annual format, minus the covers, and sold from the E.C. office and on the streets in key cities. The contents of each annual may vary in the same year. Crypt Keeper, Vault Keeper &Old Witch app. on all covers."

hi.gif

P.S.: Please ignore my commentary about these gruesome covers.

And miss the best part?????

No way! sumo.gif

Well, OK - the Hayward Comic Con was a semi-bust for pre-code horror. There was almost nothing there but I DID get 2 pre-codes, one from "Moe", the older gentleman to the right wall as you entered, who flipped me for a $5 discount and I called it!

Actually one of my favorite ACG titles - did nothing to reduce my type set as I already have a couple more of this title, but am happy I got it. Very nice OW pages to boot!

It is reminiscent of the ACG attempt at non-3d glasses 3-d, aka TrueVision.

outofthenight14.jpg

Very cool book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Is there a story inside to match the cover? Is it any good?