• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

I've been busy with the wedding, so I haven't had a chance to scan and post this...yes, it's the one from Heritage, and I'm very pleased to have purchased it.

poke2.gif Pov, all kidding is in good nature, of course. poke2.gif

EerieOneShot.jpg

Hey Pov, don't you have one of these yet?!? 27_laughing.gif

No, Jeffrey, I do not have one yet. It is a sad thing. I have been seeking this one for a long time.

Yet, I am truly pleased you have obtained this book. It is probably my ultimate grail. To know a fellow board member was able to obtain it makes me truly happy.

I congratulate you on your purchase and to this wonderful addition to your collection.

[embarrassing lack of self control] piece of [embarrassing lack of self control] [embarrassing lack of self control]

hi.gif

Edited by povertyrow

Congrats on the Eerie #1!

That's one of those books for me that I want to have in my collection, but I'm not aggressive enough to go out and get it. I bet it will be years before I get one.

Thanks. I've been aggressively looking for about a year now, and put in a fair bid on the Heritage auction. Actually I was surprised that I won it. Plus, I've been selling a fair amount of other books, so felt justified in spending the cash on a big book.

Plus, I've been selling a fair amount of other books, so felt justified in spending the cash on a big book.

The above has been brought to us by the Justify It To Your New Wife Club. grin.gifflowerred.gif

Quite so, my dear Pov. In fact, she opened the Heritage invoice and hit the roof! 27_laughing.gif Luckily, I was able to calm her down and said I needed to buy it to offset my other sales.

gossip.gif did you see the Human Torch #20 that she got me as her wedding present to me? thumbsup2.gif She's a keeper. (Melissa that is, although the comic is a keeper as well. 27_laughing.gif )

Quite so, my dear Pov. In fact, she opened the Heritage invoice and hit the roof! 27_laughing.gif Luckily, I was able to calm her down and said I needed to buy it to offset my other sales.

That's the key. Comics come in, comics go out. If she only sees comics coming in, she starts asking questions.

I'd rather have a visit from her ... than a housecall from the witch doctor

phantomwitchdoc1.JPG

893whatthe.gif Awesome! Are you selling that on your site?

I found it pretty striking myself. It's actually from the new Harley Yee catalog that we are finishing up. It should go to press next week. It wasn't one that we had on his website so I'm going to find out tomorrow whether he still has it and how much it is.

Cheers,

Marc

phantomwitchdoc1.JPG

893whatthe.gif Awesome! Are you selling that on your site?

I found it pretty striking myself. It's actually from the new Harley Yee catalog that we are finishing up. It should go to press next week. It wasn't one that we had on his website so I'm going to find out tomorrow whether he still has it and how much it is.

Cheers,

Marc

Let me know! thumbsup2.gif