• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

Haunted Thrills #6 is a great and underrated cover.

I thought it was pretty sweet seeing it for the first time. Wish the corner wasn't missing, but wasn't a deal breaker.

Nice copy John....really nice whites on that one.

BBWT116.jpg

Nice!!! thumbsup2.gif

I don't recall seeing that on your LB Cole wish list -- is your list expanding quickly?

Nice!!! thumbsup2.gif

I don't recall seeing that on your LB Cole wish list -- is your list expanding quickly?

I only posted a fraction of my list on the boards. I have a full one near my computer that I use to do searches.

....but, yeah, it's expanding quickly! 893whatthe.gif

Really nice copy of Venus 10(1st sci-fi/horror issue)

Those lecherous dragons are hilarious! They look as threatening as Beany's pal Cecil.

According to the GCD, art credits for the cover are in dispute. Who do you think drew it?

Jack

Venus10.jpg

First GA/Atom Age books I've bought in many months. Not very exciting conditionwise- but priced and graded fairly by ebay seller bigguyscomics.

I love the old Jack Cole horror stories, and these have two each and also have Cole covers. I'm still looking for issues 1,2,4,7,8,10 &11 in 3.0 - 4.5 condition for below guide.

woe3.jpg

woe6.jpg

First GA/Atom Age books I've bought in many months. Not very exciting conditionwise- but priced and graded fairly by ebay seller bigguyscomics.

I love the old Jack Cole horror stories, and these have two each and also have Cole covers. I'm still looking for issues 1,2,4,7,8,10 &11 in 3.0 - 4.5 condition for below guide.

woe3.jpg

#3 has 2 great Jack Cole stories! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's another copy of Black Cat Mystery #50 on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Cat-Mystery-50...1QQcmdZViewItem

Selling for $330 currently with Al Stoltz' Basement Comics as the high bidder. I can't imagine how he's going to spend that kind of money on the book and make more than that by selling at a show. That's a strong price already, as far as I'm concerned. I steer clear of spending big bucks on the Harvey books. Nice stuff, but the prices seem higher than they should be, especially when compared to other iconic pre-code covers. I spent $125 a piece on low-grade copies of BCM #50 and TOT #15 and called it a day. I don't foresee myself upgrading unless a deal falls into my lap.

BCM #50 is a "classic cover" and always seems to be in demand. I know it's high on my precode wantlist.

Didn't we have a discussion about this just a while back when a VG copy sold for 3x guide?

EDIT: Yes, we did. Al Stolz must be hoarding BCM #50.

Another crazy BCM #50 sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-CAT-June-1954-...1QQcmdZViewItem

And I had a feeble bid on this one at All Star Auctions.

http://allstarauc.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?books&1142200435

Latest pickup from the LCS

Dark Mysteries 19 - EC swipe and injury to eye panel. Nice offwhite to white

Man, where is your LCS? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif In the 1950's??

Wish my shop had books like that! Very nice!

Latest pickup from the LCS

Dark Mysteries 19 - EC swipe and injury to eye panel. Nice offwhite to white

Man, where is your LCS? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif In the 1950's??

Wish my shop had books like that! Very nice!

You wouldn't believe the stories Andy has about that place. 1950s prices too. mad.gif