• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

A heads-up for all you pre-code guys. Marc of House of Comics had a nice box of recent arrivals at the Sacramento Convention yesterday. Quite a few very nice pre-code horror books. I'm not sure as to rarity or anything, but they looked nice to me. You may want to send over want lists or prod him to post a list of what he has.

Well, here's my very first pre-code purchase. After going through this thread, you guys got me hooked. I've just fallen in love with these books, especially the covers. I believe this is the first of many more to come.

Thing%20%2315%207.0.jpg

...not exactly a recent purchase ( bought last year ), but I thought you guys would appreciate this...............

1391552-reform%282%29.jpg

893whatthe.gif I certainly do!

That looks like a pretty bright copy!

Nothin' but a photograph and a bunch of text boxes on the cover. Are you sure that's a comic book?

Jack

27_laughing.gif just in case

...not exactly a recent purchase ( bought last year ), but I thought you guys would appreciate this...............

Nothin' but a photograph and a bunch of text boxes on the cover. Are you sure that's a comic book?

Jack

27_laughing.gif just in case

Even if it's not a comic book, I sure don't mind looking at the cover! popcorn.gif

Even if it's not a comic book, I sure don't mind looking at the cover! popcorn.gif

That's all you're going to be able to look at, with the book trapped in that plastic sepulchre!

Jack

Jack,

I have no idea what a "sepulchre" is, but assuming it's an environmentally friendly holder, archivally safe and providing encapsulation which offers protection from airborne polutants and moisture, coupled with a clear plastic front and back for viewing, addtionally containing info that confirms a condition grade and restoration check summary by nationally recognized experts on the subject......I wouldn't have it any other way for the 2nd highest graded copy of Reform School Girl! cool.gif

Edited by showcase-4

I have no idea what a "sepulchre" is, but assuming it's an environmentally friendly holder, archivally safe providing encapsulation which offers protection from airborne polutants and moisture, coupled with a clear plastic front and back for viewing, addtionally containing info that confirms a condition grade and restoration check summary by nationally recognized experts on the subject......

Well, that's close -- except for the plastic front and back. There is a condition check of sorts before a sepulchre is used.

I wouldn't have it any other way for the 2nd highest graded copy of Reform School Girl! cool.gif

Don't mind me. I'm just jealous.

Jack

Just in today from board member GACollectibles. I saw this cover reproduced in ARF #2 recently, and knew I had to have a copy. Didn't think I'd find one so soon, and in this nice a shape. I love oddball horror covers.

juiw.jpg