• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

Outstanding! 893applaud-thumb.gif

What was the last issue you needed?

147--i've seen very few of them over the years.

That is one impressive run! Any pedigree issues???

that 157 is the Bethlehem, one of the other slabs is a Palo Alto, there's a few raw white mountains, but of course all of those pale compared to the several More Fun copies that made the cut.

i put this up over on group shot, but since half of them or so are pre-code, and the one that filled the run was a recent acq., here ya' go....

mtales.jpg

Rare that you see a complete set of a long-running Atlas horror title. Congrats!!

i put this up over on group shot, but since half of them or so are pre-code, and the one that filled the run was a recent acq., here ya' go....

mtales.jpg

That is one outstanding run, congrats! 893applaud-thumb.gif

PS: If you happen to have any under copies in the Fine range for sale I would be very interested! PM me if you do. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Another super classic cover came today. Took a freaking month for this to get here, but for $35 I can't complain.

Good stories too, though I have already read them from reprints.

ws14.jpg

Nice score!

I'm particularly fond of the last half of the WS and WF titles -- great stories by great artists at the top of their game!

Edited by adamstrange

I just wanted to thank everyone for this thread. It has given me many more titles to collect that I previously didn't know about.

Anyway, figured I'd make a small contribution. Just picked this one up a few weeks ago.

WorldsofFear.jpg

Another super classic cover came today. Took a freaking month for this to get here, but for $35 I can't complain.

Good stories too, though I have already read them from reprints.

ws14.jpg

Great price! I remember that EC Sci-Fi books in that kind of shape cost close to that much nearly 35 years ago! By and large if you were collecting comics in the early 70s, EC Sci-Fi was probably the worst long term investment. Unless you were stumbling across true "high grade", you would have done better buying Charlton romance off the stands at 20¢ a pop and tossing them in a box.

I just wanted to thank everyone for this thread. It has given me many more titles to collect that I previously didn't know about.

Anyway, figured I'd make a small contribution. Just picked this one up a few weeks ago.

WorldsofFear.jpg

That's a rich bluish/purple cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Jack,

I have no idea what a "sepulchre" is, but assuming it's an environmentally friendly holder, archivally safe and providing encapsulation which offers protection from airborne polutants and moisture, coupled with a clear plastic front and back for viewing, addtionally containing info that confirms a condition grade and restoration check summary by nationally recognized experts on the subject......I wouldn't have it any other way for the 2nd highest graded copy of Reform School Girl! cool.gif

Except, you might want to READ it, as apposed to OWN it.

Regards,

GT

Pure Imagination Publishing

Jack,

I have no idea what a "sepulchre" is, but assuming it's an environmentally friendly holder, archivally safe and providing encapsulation which offers protection from airborne polutants and moisture, coupled with a clear plastic front and back for viewing, addtionally containing info that confirms a condition grade and restoration check summary by nationally recognized experts on the subject......I wouldn't have it any other way for the 2nd highest graded copy of Reform School Girl! cool.gif

Except, you might want to READ it, as apposed to OWN it.

Regards,

GT

Pure Imagination Publishing

Read it? Get real, GT. What does that have to do with "highest and best use" of a commodity?

Jack

(accidentally owns one "giant postage stamp")

AC Hollingsworth was the artist and did a swipe or two in his time, especially of Wally Wood's work.

AC Hollingsworth was the artist and did a swipe or two in his time, especially of Wally Wood's work.

The woman could be Wood (or Kinstler??) -- the man looks almost like Heck's horror faces to me. Is that possible?

But the whole thing looks like a bulletin board.

Jack

World's worst artist spotter