• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,270 posts in this topic

Depends on the titles and completeness. Overall they look pretty clean!

Early Archie, Supes, Captain America (even with piece out) are slab worthy, case by case basis.

True comics, Popular comics, not so much.

Post those issues on threads where you have a question, and you'll doubtless get advice, and probably offers as well. Good luck with the collection!

Early Archie, Supes, Captain America (even with piece out) are slab worthy, case by case basis.

Post those issues on threads where you have a question, and you'll doubtless get advice, and probably offers as well. Good luck with the collection!

thanks for the advice man. Yea, i am going to be slabbing the ones that look good plus the captain america and superman and some others. I feel it would probably be best to try and sell them slabbed.

questions, what makes an issue a canadian copy? When looking up some, I came across a post from sparkle city that had a canadian copy of one of the books. Not sure how to check.

thanks for the advice man. Yea, i am going to be slabbing the ones that look good plus the captain america and superman and some others. I feel it would probably be best to try and sell them slabbed.

questions, what makes an issue a canadian copy? When looking up some, I came across a post from sparkle city that had a canadian copy of one of the books. Not sure how to check.

Canadian copies can be tricky as some are Candian copies with a US equivalent (some EC's, other publishers) while some (early Dark Mysteries, etc., and all of the Superior precodes) are printed in Canada, but they're not broken out as Canadian copies, because they're all from Canada. Best guess I can offer is to have a copy of Overstreet handy to check, and most Canadian copies I believe will indicate their origins.

Sometimes, it's as easy as noting a logo switch on the cover -- in EC's case, anyway. Best of luck!

Just one pickup Weird Horrors 4

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/100_4587_zpsc0386210.jpg' alt='100_4587_zpsc0386210.jpg'>

Edited by comicjack

Finally got around to scanning this one. Can't go wrong with a skeleton cover.

MysteriousAdventures22_zps38f23b38.jpg

That's a beaut! (thumbs u

Skeleton covers beat non-skeleton covers 9 times out of 10 - it has been scientifically proven.

...... and Mysterious Adventures, as a run, is skeleton heaven. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Skeleton covers beat non-skeleton covers 9 times out of 10 - it has been scientifically proven.

lol Can't dispute it. It's...SCIENCE!

Possibly my favorite skeleton comic is a Mys Adv.

Church copy

MysAdv6mh.jpg

Nice interior as well

MysAdv6splash.jpg

MysAdv6p5.jpg