• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,285 posts in this topic

Thanks... that cover and this one are two of my favorite PCH covers

Wow! The hits keep coming! As others said, some truly amazing books being displayed. This is a stunner, congrats!

Was lucky enough to recently find a real nice Northford Menace #3 on Metro. They also briefly had a nice Menace #11, but it was already gone by the time I completed my invoice for #3 (had a feeling that was going to happen).

IMG_2276_zps62028889.jpg

Great book...

I was the one who 'bought' the Menace 11 (8.0, Northford.) However, after I paid they decided not to sell it to me.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I had a feeling that they were going to do that to me with the Menace #3 as well, considering they pulled the same thing on two of my previous four invoices, so I called them first thing the following morning to make sure that they would run my credit card. I guess I got lucky this time.......

I called them the next day as well. First I was told I was all set, and in fact they said I was lucky to be first because they'd had a number of inquiries about the 11. A week or so went by and then I got the 'sorry Charlie' email from them. So I called them. I wasn't happy.

I can't even imagine the disappointment in this situation. So frustrating! Sorry this didn't work out for you after you legitimately bought the book!

Was lucky enough to recently find a real nice Northford Menace #3 on Metro. They also briefly had a nice Menace #11, but it was already gone by the time I completed my invoice for #3 (had a feeling that was going to happen).

IMG_2276_zps62028889.jpg

Great book...

I was the one who 'bought' the Menace 11 (8.0, Northford.) However, after I paid they decided not to sell it to me.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I had a feeling that they were going to do that to me with the Menace #3 as well, considering they pulled the same thing on two of my previous four invoices, so I called them first thing the following morning to make sure that they would run my credit card. I guess I got lucky this time.......

I called them the next day as well. First I was told I was all set, and in fact they said I was lucky to be first because they'd had a number of inquiries about the 11. A week or so went by and then I got the 'sorry Charlie' email from them. So I called them. I wasn't happy.

And the boys at Metro find it so incredulous that the collecting community considers them such individual_without_enough_empathys. I wonder why Joe Smjekel is consigning all his books to Heritage after buying them off ComicConnect. I'm still waiting for them to relist all their Church copies that Fishler personally promised me he would relist.

Hmmm. Indeed. Yeah that would me off quite royally too. Don't tell someone "you got it" then reneg a week later.... Sorry to hear about your churches, cheetah.

Darth C wanted to see some insides of Dynamic 8

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/102_5287_zps9f5549cc.jpg' alt='102_5287_zps9f5549cc.jpg'>

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/102_5291_zpsefffc19a.jpg' alt='102_5291_zpsefffc19a.jpg'>

That's it folks!

Edited by comicjack

Great book...

And the boys at Metro find it so incredulous that the collecting community considers them such individual_without_enough_empathys. I wonder why Joe Smjekel is consigning all his books to Heritage after buying them off ComicConnect. I'm still waiting for them to relist all their Church copies that Fishler personally promised me he would relist.

Happened to me on an Action #14 years ago. :tonofbricks:

Great book...

Happened to me on an Action #14 years ago. :tonofbricks:

This is all very enlightening. It tells me Metro needs to drop a few notches down my list of sources. (I've spent more with them than with anyone else over the past few years.)

That's some incredible artwork in those pages, thanks for posting. I love the skeleton panel with the hand reaching out into the others! (thumbs u

Where on the same page brother!