• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,243 posts in this topic

Thanks to Jeff..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

HOF12.jpg

Wow Jimbo!! Wow!

Ok, don't you dare crack THAT copy out.

Well done sir.

Ingels is easily in my top three....and he might even be number one in my book (depending on the day)....I'm still assembling a low/mid grade collection of his covers. All Haunt of Fear too. It's neat to see how things were really organized at EC right before the collapse. Artists seemed to lead on books with their cover art....I wonder how things would of gone if no code had ever been formed....would Marvels Silver Age still happen? Or what if Stan Lee stopped doing comics after the code?......ok enough rambling. Great book buddy!

....Jeff was cool to let me do time pay on it. I've always liked this title the best of the E.C. horror line and there's no way I could ever select a favorite cover. The 12, 14, 18, 19, and 24 are kind of tied. I ordered several nice upper mid grades from www.wwcomics.com a while back and it turned out they were missing from his inventory after SDCC..... It seems that the EC line of PCH is the most shoplifted title by far for him..... which I found curious. I've wanted one of these ever since it slipped through my fingers then. This copy was in Cheetah's mega thread for such a low price I was sure someone would snag it while I was trying to get permission for time payments. A copy hadn't sold for as low as this one since 2002 Heritage..... I just hope I can afford to keep it ..... it sure would fund a LOT of Atlas. Jeff said it wasn't a Gaines ...... maybe that's what kept it cheaper ...... but looking at the census I noticed a lot of the GFC's aren't 9.6's like might be expected. Thanks for the kind words, guys...... now to pop this sucka out, grab a slice of greasy Pizza, and fold that cover back behind :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

Edited by jimjum12

HOF12.jpg

That's a keeper Jimbo, great cover! One of my favorite covers also. I can't help it, but when I look at this cover the words "let's all run to the dentist!" Come to mind. lol

HOF12.jpg

Wow Jimbo!! Wow!

Ok, don't you dare crack THAT copy out.

Well done sir.

Ingels is easily in my top three....and he might even be number one in my book (depending on the day)....I'm still assembling a low/mid grade collection of his covers. All Haunt of Fear too. It's neat to see how things were really organized at EC right before the collapse. Artists seemed to lead on books with their cover art....I wonder how things would of gone if no code had ever been formed....would Marvels Silver Age still happen? Or what if Stan Lee stopped doing comics after the code?......ok enough rambling. Great book buddy!

....Jeff was cool to let me do time pay on it. I've always liked this title the best of the E.C. horror line and there's no way I could ever select a favorite cover. The 12, 14, 18, 19, and 24 are kind of tied. I ordered several nice upper mid grades from www.wwcomics.com a while back and it turned out they were missing from his inventory after SDCC..... It seems that the EC line of PCH is the most shoplifted title by far for him..... which I found curious. I've wanted one of these ever since it slipped through my fingers then. This copy was in Cheetah's mega thread for such a low price I was sure someone would snag it while I was trying to get permission for time payments. A copy hadn't sold for as low as this one since 2002 Heritage..... I just hope I can afford to keep it ..... it sure would fund a LOT of Atlas. Jeff said it wasn't a Gaines ...... maybe that's what kept it cheaper ...... but looking at the census I noticed a lot of the GFC's aren't 9.6's like might be expected. Thanks for the kind words, guys...... now to pop this sucka out, grab a slice of greasy Pizza, and fold that cover back behind :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

I'm glad it went to a good home. I think you paid what I paid and it is a sign of how folks prefer the Gaines label to other high-grade EC fare.

Edited by cheetah

I was thrilled to add this one to my collection.

w5_zpsec75a060.jpg

Oh Yeah! (thumbs u

I was thrilled to add this one to my collection.

w5_zpsec75a060.jpg

Oh Yeah! (thumbs u

As a longtime Mad Magazine freak, this comic book is really a grail, especially in 8.0. It's the only Kelly Freas comic book that I'm aware of and it's exceptional. It doesn't turn up in high grade very often at all from what I've seen. That copy is a feather in the cap of any pre-code collector, but it also brings out the envy in Mad Magazine nutballs like myself.