• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

th_Susp_21_Bth_zps09eca8c4.jpg

my first pre-code!

It's only Thursday, and some clown is already trying to flip your book on ebay (for 33% more than Worldwide sold it for yesterday). The mail between Texas and Wisconsin sure does travel fast! lol:facepalm:

:facepalm:

Edited by Johnny545

I love the double-cover "surprise": "Hey, this looks like about a fine.....aaaaaaand there's a VF+ or NM inside...."

Sadly not, there is some moderate back cover creasing in both covers.

But I'm really glad to own this book with a double cover!!!

Really doesn't matter, unless those creases are tears. And even then, it doesn't outweigh the coolness of a double cover on that issue. Congrats!

Reminds me of a time in Chicago, years ago, Graham Crackers had a double cover example of Fight Against Crime #20. :) Couldn't afford it, then or now, but someone out there has it...

Here's my copy of Mister Mystery 18:

mistermystery18_zps8acd135c.jpg

I was glad to see that it features a double cover when I opened it :

mistermystery18dc_zps8f74b6a1.jpg

yeah that is very cool, thanks for sharing!

I love the double-cover "surprise": "Hey, this looks like about a fine.....aaaaaaand there's a VF+ or NM inside...."

Really doesn't matter, unless those creases are tears. And even then, it doesn't outweigh the coolness of a double cover on that issue. Congrats!

Reminds me of a time in Chicago, years ago, Graham Crackers had a double cover example of Fight Against Crime #20. :) Couldn't afford it, then or now, but someone out there has it...

It doesn't matter at all!! This is the best book I got my hands on in a year or so!

A Fight Against Crime 20 with a double cover? That's a :cloud9:

With a book like that, at least 90% of the value is in the cover. Which begs the question, is the outer cover more valuable attached to the book, or married to a coverless copy? :devil:

With a book like that, at least 90% of the value is in the cover. Which begs the question, is the outer cover more valuable attached to the book, or married to a coverless copy? :devil:

Tempting, but I'd just have to leave that FAC #20 as a double-cover. It was CGC slabbed (I forget the grade, but it wasn't low, nor was it nosebleed) and probably socked-away long term in some precode fanatic's collection. :)

Very nice, and one you don't see too often! :applause:

Thanks Jayman! It's definitely one that doesn't pop up in decent grade too often. I missed a chance at this book when it was on a CLink auction a few months back, but I was more than happy to snag it when I had a second chance at it.

EC Comics are pretty darn cool. The Haunt of Fear title is a particular favorite of mine due to Graham Ingles artwork on many of the covers. His work was a huge influence on Bernie Wrightson who later went on to greatness..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

HOF14.jpg

:applause: Wouldn't a full set of Gains copies be a special thing to behold.

..... I think the consensus is that HG E.C.'s are common due to the Gaines File Copies..... but a look at the census not long ago seemed to indicate otherwise. Not all of them are 9.6 and it seems for the most part that the GFC's are the ONLY copies in HG..... and yes, I'd love a full set. They're really not as out of range as one would think if a 9.0 0r 9.2 will do :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

EC Comics are pretty darn cool. The Haunt of Fear title is a particular favorite of mine due to Graham Ingles artwork on many of the covers. His work was a huge influence on Bernie Wrightson who later went on to greatness..... GOD BLESS...

HOF14.jpg

Great cover!

I believe Wrightson said (of Ingles) that his style just seemed to drip and ooze off of the page!

HOF14.jpg

Great cover!

I believe Wrightson said (of Ingles) that his style just seemed to drip and ooze off of the page!

Indeed! You could smell rotten flesh just looking at Ingels art.

That issue is special because it features the origin of the ol Witch narrator. Crack that slab Jimbo! Set her free. :)