• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,243 posts in this topic

EC Comics are pretty darn cool. The Haunt of Fear title is a particular favorite of mine due to Graham Ingles artwork on many of the covers. His work was a huge influence on Bernie Wrightson who later went on to greatness..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

HOF14.jpg

Great cover!

I believe Wrightson said (of Ingles) that his style just seemed to drip and ooze off of the page!

Indeed! You could smell rotten flesh just looking at Ingels art.

That issue is special because it features the origin of the ol Witch narrator. Crack that slab Jimbo! Set her free. :)

..... hm thinking about it ..... I just need to make sure I can afford to keep it..... been focusing on Atlas lately and sold off a few to load up the warchest for some upcoming auctions of more Atlas.... but I somehow couldn't resist this HOF from Joe and another from Cheetah. Joe only wanted a couple hundred and change for this one..... seemed like a good value. It seems EC's are either "Rag Minus" or "Nosebleed Plus"..... not easy to find the nice upper mid grades that I like. GOD BLESS...

Considering the ease of reading it as a reprint, you might want to keep her slabbed. And yes, I know it's just not the same as reading and smelling that old newsprint! :cloud9:

EC Comics are pretty darn cool. The Haunt of Fear title is a particular favorite of mine due to Graham Ingles artwork on many of the covers. His work was a huge influence on Bernie Wrightson who later went on to greatness..... GOD BLESS...

HOF14.jpg

Great cover!

I believe Wrightson said (of Ingles) that his style just seemed to drip and ooze off of the page!

Indeed! You could smell rotten flesh just looking at Ingels art.

That issue is special because it features the origin of the ol Witch narrator. Crack that slab Jimbo! Set her free. :)

..... hm thinking about it ..... I just need to make sure I can afford to keep it..... been focusing on Atlas lately and sold off a few to load up the warchest for some upcoming auctions of more Atlas.... but I somehow couldn't resist this HOF from Joe and another from Cheetah. Joe only wanted a couple hundred and change for this one..... seemed like a good value. It seems EC's are either "Rag Minus" or "Nosebleed Plus"..... not easy to find the nice upper mid grades that I like. GOD BLESS...

Heh, if you just want to read the stories I can send you scans of them all instead of having to crack it out.

Thanks to Jeff..... GOD BLESS....

HOF12.jpg

Wow Jimbo!! Wow!

Ok, don't you dare crack THAT copy out.

Well done sir.

Ingels is easily in my top three....and he might even be number one in my book (depending on the day)....I'm still assembling a low/mid grade collection of his covers. All Haunt of Fear too. It's neat to see how things were really organized at EC right before the collapse. Artists seemed to lead on books with their cover art....I wonder how things would of gone if no code had ever been formed....would Marvels Silver Age still happen? Or what if Stan Lee stopped doing comics after the code?......ok enough rambling. Great book buddy!