• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Picked this one up in a lower grade desert/jungle group at HA recently. Don't recall ever seeing this cover, although admittedly I usually only pay attention to PCH or pre code crime books. Love the masks; I think they really make the entire image.

xpwms5.jpg

Never saw this one before either. Nice pick up! (thumbs u

Picked this one up in a lower grade desert/jungle group at HA recently. Don't recall ever seeing this cover, although admittedly I usually only pay attention to PCH or pre code crime books. Love the masks; I think they really make the entire image.

xpwms5.jpg

I can relate as my collecting preferences are very similar. I picked up this book solely on the cover that intrigued me.

BlueBoltVol75.jpg

xpwms5.jpg

I can relate as my collecting preferences are very similar. I picked up this book solely on the cover that intrigued me.

BlueBoltVol75.jpg

Never seen that one either!

xpwms5.jpg

BlueBoltVol75.jpg

Nice pickups! I think another boardie has a copy of that Jungle Stories up for sale on ebay.

Jum Wilcox did some cool covers for BB before LB Cole came on board. There's a few of his covers I'm interested in snagging a decent copy of one day and that's one of them. I just picked up this 4MOST Wilcox cover cheap. Love all the animals:

$_57.JPG

Jum Wilcox did some cool covers for BB before LB Cole came on board. There's a few of his covers I'm interested in snagging a decent copy of one day and that's one of them. I just picked up this 4MOST Wilcox cover cheap. Love all the animals:

$_57.JPG

I really like some of the Wilcox covers also. This is a great one.

In preparation of the 1000th page of this thread, I offer my favorite comic.

Sadly I don't still have all of these, but fun to look at nonetheless.

11afe6af-b938-4378-9b6a-b046413727c5_zpsdb51858f.jpg

:headbang:

That is sweet. If course that means that Timely will be posting his Catman #28's any second.... :cry:

Sorry I don't have a scan of it yet but I picked up a copy of City of the Living Dead NN 1952 Avon in CGC 4.0 for $350.00 off of Ebay. I watched copies go recently on Heritage for $137.00 in 3.5 (raw) and $650.00 for a CGC 5.5.

I've had a tough time of finding a decent copy other than a few beaters that have shown up.

Anyone having experience with this book?

It's been a bit tough for me.

lol, yeah I wouldn't expect my 4.0 to be anything close to that.

I was just curious if it's really that tough of a book or I just haven't been lucky at finding one in reasonably decent shape until now.

I've been tracking it and Diary of a Horror for over a year now and other than the CGC 5.5 that I missed out on it seems nearly invisible in condition.

The seller was asking $525.00 originally, dropped it to $400.00 and finally accepted $350.00 that I offered which I thought was fair based on the heritage auctions.

Another pre-code book that Overstreet is far,far behind in pricing...

This is my copy bought years ago. It's the Diamond Run copy and came with the cert although CGC doesn't mark this on their labels anymore. It's one of my favorite books. Congrats on yours!

CityoftheLivingDeadFront.jpg

ooh, that's nice

$_57.JPG

I really like some of the Wilcox covers also. This is a great one.

Now that is a cool cover,purple and everything about it!

Edited by comicjack