• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,281 posts in this topic

Cool Avon one-shot...

"I want a body so I can LIVE again!" HAW! I think most of us are nodding in agreement at his choice of body.

Wonderful oddball book! GCD says Kinstler, Orlando and Goldfarb on interiors. Do you think that Kinstler did the young lady and someone else the rest of the cover? Very Munch-like zombies.

Jack

deadwhowalk.jpg

I wonder if thats supposed to be a line of zombies/ghosts or a progression of movement of the same being. All the diologue seems to fit... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Either way cool book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Edit: Just saw the tagline "evil spirits" guess it's a parade of ghosts...

Edited by Jayman

Wonderful oddball book! GCD says Kinstler, Orlando and Goldfarb on interiors. Do you think that Kinstler did the young lady and someone else the rest of the cover? Very Munch-like zombies.

Not sure. Credits aren't listed anywhere on the interior, and neither OS nor Gerber list the cover artist. My guess would be Kinstler did it, as he drew the covers for a lot of these Avon one-shots.

Not sure. Credits aren't listed anywhere on the interior, and neither OS nor Gerber list the cover artist. My guess would be Kinstler did it, as he drew the covers for a lot of these Avon one-shots.

At first I was about to say that it wasn't Kinstler until I checked my Kit Carson and for the gal, notice the same turn of their left shoulders and the same way the elbow is handled. Same goes for the hair texture. Seems like Kinstler then -

1601937-KitCarson3s.jpg

1601937-KitCarson3s.jpg.5898940ee0c05b0df4d7210be0851aa5.jpg

At first I was about to say that it wasn't Kinstler until I checked my Kit Carson and for the gal, notice the same turn of their left shoulders and the same way the elbow is handled. Same goes for the hair texture. Seems like Kinstler then -

1601937-KitCarson3s.jpg

I'm reading Kinstler's name on the bottom of the right corner of the cover.......

what's not clear about it? just realized it wasn't the kit carson you were talking aboout foreheadslap.gif note to self read before typing foreheadslap.gif

Edited by comicdey

Cool Avon one-shot...

"I want a body so I can LIVE again!" HAW! I think most of us are nodding in agreement at his choice of body.

Jack

Looks Kinstler all the way to me.

Nice book Jeffro. Have you seen this one before? Thanks!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Looks familiar it does.

You know, that was the first precode horror book I ever bought. Kinda chokes me up to see it another's hands.

Just arrived yay.gif

WesternComics15front.jpg

Nice pickup!

I've always liked covers like this with mirrors and windows. Not sure why. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Newly arrived grail book for me here!

Been looking for a decent copy for a couple of years now when this came along.

First appearence of the "Marvel Zombie"! cloud9.gif

1626724-Menace%235.jpg

Here's the first page splash courtesy of Bill Everett and Stan Lee...

1626724-Menace%235Splash.jpg

589a8d184a9fc_1626724-Menace5Splash.jpg.dd9758a3ff65a3f000c7794b4db349ea.jpg

Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

What a beautiful signature with both Stan Lee and Bill Everett!