• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,281 posts in this topic

1752221-TheGhostRider%234.jpg

Still catching up from bannage. Congrats on the GR # 4, it's a beauty 893applaud-thumb.gif

Every time I see it, it reminds me of these Don Rosa panels as I think he channelled (sp?) Frazetta here for Scrooge and his horse -

1758164-RosaScroogeGhostRider1.jpg

1758164-RosaScroogeGhostRider1.jpg.7af4475206dfd4e35dbac8a7563ce051.jpg

QUACK! Channeled is putting it mildly. Is this from "Life and Times of S McD?"

Jack

Still catching up from bannage. Congrats on the GR # 4, it's a beauty 893applaud-thumb.gif

Every time I see it, it reminds me of these Don Rosa panels as I think he channelled (sp?) Frazetta here for Scrooge and his horse -

1758164-RosaScroogeGhostRider1.jpg

Yes and No. It's not from the Canon, it's from the Apocrypha since it's Episode 6 Bis, The Vigilante of Pizzen Bluff.

Yes and No. It's not from the Cannon,

Comme ça?

it's from the Apocrypha since it's Episode 6 Bis, The Vigilante of Pizzen Bluff.

Oh, of course. "Episode 6 Bis, The Vigilante of Pizzen Bluff"

(I don't know what the #$%^ that means because I've never read any of it. I should remedy that soon. Don Rosa is a U of KY graduate who lives right down the road in Louisville. We've actually corresponded with him about our Periodic Table of Comic Books project.)

Jack

Edited by selegue

(I don't know what the #$%^ that means because I've never read any of it. I should remedy that soon. Don Rosa is a U of KY graduate who lives right down the road in Louisville. We've actually corresponded with him about our Periodic Table of Comic Books project.)

Alright, Canon edited in my original post Mr. Nitpick.

The Life & Time of Uncle Scrooge refers to the 12 episodes printed in US 285 to 296 but Rosa didn't stop there and added other episodes that belong in the same chronology after the publication of these first 12 episodes.

For example Episode 6 Bis takes place after Episode 6 published in US 290 and before Episode 7 published in US 291. The Episode 6Bis itself was published in US 306. The attention to detail and timeline is entirely part of what makes Rosa's work special. You ought to pick it up and read it some time, esp. with the recent publication of all these stories in 2 convenient TPBs.

And to keep this thread on track, I have Rosa's re-interpretation of Tales from the Crypt # 39 hanging in my office -

si2000_04a.jpg

Alright, Canon edited in my original post Mr. Nitpick.

Much better

heheh. Sorry -- I know it was rude, but I couldn't resist.

The Life & Time of Uncle Scrooge refers to the 12 episodes printed in US 285 to 296 but Rosa didn't stop there and added other episodes that belong in the same chronology after the publication of these first 12 episodes.

For example Episode 6 Bis takes place after Episode 6 published in US 290 and before Episode 7 published in US 291. The Episode 6Bis itself was published in US 306. The attention to detail and timeline is entirely part of what makes Rosa's work special. You ought to pick it up and read it some time, esp. with the recent publication of all these stories in 2 convenient TPBs.

Aha. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Our public library doesn't have it. Shocking!

And to keep this thread on track, I have Rosa's re-interpretation of Tales from the Crypt # 39 hanging in my office -

si2000_04a.jpg

HAW!

Good one.

Jack

That is an uncanny resemblance, especially in the horse's mane!

btw: Welcome back! hi.gif

Excellent! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Horrific 8 is an under-rated pch cover, imho.

I love the simplicity of the pch headshot covers. Do you know who did the cover for the Adventure into Darkness? Kind of an awkwardly drawn cover imho.

I love the simplicity of the pch headshot covers. Do you know who did the cover for the Adventure into Darkness? Kind of an awkwardly drawn cover imho.

Maybe Art Saaf. Don't quote me.

Maybe Art Saaf. Don't quote me.

Recently deceased (Friday?) -- did anyone post that sad news here?

Jack

Love Harvey Pre-Code Horror. Tomb of Terror 2.

There are quite few good covers and stories hiding in Harvey horror! thumbsup2.gif