• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

I've noticed the crime books don't seem to hold value like the horror.

I believe it's more like that the crime genre generally trades at lower prices to begin with, than horror. That said, there are certain torture and murder covers that one would have to pay through the nose for (FAC 20, CDNP 24, 33, Underworld Crime 7), not unlike the PCH icons.

Well I just dipped my toes on these two off a boardie.

c8916b116a9cccbe5dd81ffbc586cd910e78e36f.jpeg

48b3698a143a6d809518cef2b6c3524cf5b54360.jpeg

I bought issue #3 first on impulse because I really liked the cover. There are a few more in the run I plan on adding over time.

Not a big crime fan but some of those covers.... :cloud9:

Edited by N e r V

I bought 3 first on impulse because I really liked the cover. There are a few more in the run I plan on adding over time.

I have a few, but I'd really like to find a nice looking 4. Tough book and a great cover. I know of one on the boards. :gossip:

Yeah, 4 looks great.

I've passed several times on #10 so I kind of regret that now.

No hurry there's several good ones actually in the run besides those.

Not bad for a company who would later be king of the condoms. ;)

Edited by N e r V

I bought issue #3 first on impulse because I really liked the cover. There are a few more in the run I plan on adding over time.

I love this title but I'm always the under bidder when they show up. I missed the 8.5 copy of 4 by $5 about 10 years ago.

This is the only one I have.

cm7_zpsceb27d7c.jpg

I've noticed the crime books don't seem to hold value like the horror.

I believe it's more like that the crime genre generally trades at lower prices to begin with, than horror. That said, there are certain torture and murder covers that one would have to pay through the nose for (FAC 20, CDNP 24, 33, Underworld Crime 7), not unlike the PCH icons.

what's FAC 20 & CDNP 23?

I love this title but I'm always the under bidder when they show up. I missed the 8.5 copy of 4 by $5 about 10 years ago.

cm7_zpsceb27d7c.jpg

I believe Flex owns that copy now... I've been trying to get him to sell, but no go (and I don't blame him at all). :sumo:

15 is a fairly desirable issue as well, classic acid in the face cover, but I think that one is more easily found than 4. My low grade copy will have to suffice. :cry:

cm7_zpsceb27d7c.jpg

I believe Flex owns that copy now... I've been trying to get him to sell, but no go (and I don't blame him at all). :sumo:

15 is a fairly desirable issue as well, classic acid in the face cover, but I think that one is more easily found than 4. My low grade copy will have to suffice. :cry:

Flex sold it to Mrillmannered about a year or so ago. It's locked up tight in his vault now. I tried to pry a book out of his hands recently and threw everything but the kitchen sink at him and he still couldn't let it go lol

cm7_zpsceb27d7c.jpg

Flex sold it to Mrillmannered about a year or so ago. It's locked up tight in his vault now. I tried to pry a book out of his hands recently and threw everything but the kitchen sink at him and he still couldn't let it go lol

And there you have it. :boo:

Edited by Twistty1

35bi15g.jpg

Just got these

Think the WAC 1 might be up for sale soon to help find another book

Two great crime books, congrats!

I'd think twice before selling that WAC 1, it's a sweet copy! (thumbs u

I know and it's hard to find in higher grades. It's the 3rd highest graded. I already have a guy that says he wants to buy it

There are so many books I'd like to get