• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Gotta love that price if you're lucky enough to own one already. :baiting: Otherwise, :cry:

btw that 6.0 has "interior heavy cover tanning", and that's the only note. I couldn't tell if there was creasing on the cover or if the case was scratched.

Yeah, I'm very happy with the copy I currently have, but it doesn't match up to the 9.0 that I had back in the day :(

So, just looking for opinions here. Do you think there is any PCH crossover demand driving other genres? I'm also a war comics guy, and love flamethrower covers. Some of those can be pretty intense. This sale tonight was for one of the better ones, top census at 6.0, and even so I was shocked that it reached $929:

Battle Cry #1 CLink

I'm a huge fan of Battle Cry 1, it hits a lot of sweet points (flamethrower, cool war, blatant anti-Commie theme). But that price is crazy.

Completely insane. That's about 10-15 times what raw VG copies usually sell for, and I doubt it will be top census for long, now that that price was realized.

I've felt the book has been undervalued, as it's up there with War Fury #1 and War #11 for flamethrower awesomeness, but neither of those would be likely to hit anywhere near $900 for a 6.0.

Of course now we will be seeing a bunch of lower grade copies sitting on ebay at the same price per point for months on end.

I've felt the book has been undervalued, as it's up thee with War Fury #1 and War #11 for flamethrower awesomeness, but neither of those would be likely to hit anywhere near $900 for a 6.0.

A War 11 in 6.0 would be interesting anyone have a nice copy?

Edited by Johnny545

I've felt the book has been undervalued, as it's up thee with War Fury #1 and War #11 for flamethrower awesomeness, but neither of those would be likely to hit anywhere near $900 for a 6.0.

Tough to find in better than VG.

I have one in the fine range and I paid up for it. Not quite $900, but not too far off. I would expect a decent graded 6.0 to sell for $700+.

It's grossly undervalued relative to other striking horror/war covers.

I have one in the fine range and I paid up for it. Not quite $900, but not too far off. I would expect a decent graded 6.0 to sell for $700+.

Couldn't agree more. It is my favorite Atlas war cover.

war11a.jpg

war11a.jpg

There we go, I remember seeing a nice copy floating around. I have a CGC 5.5 with WP its the best I've come close to getting my hands on.

Thats a stunner Dan.

war11a.jpg

That's a beauty. To state the obvious.

I could see that, as 6.0 Atlas books that are hard to find in mid let alone high grade can go for serious multiples of VG, and War #11 seems to be around a $150 book in solid VG, unless it popped recently.

I haven't seen the Aurora.

I wouldn't be to sure about that.