• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Comic Art Room/Display

13 posts in this topic

I recently added a new gallery to my CAF page with images of my newly finished comic art room. I have a loft upstairs in my house with a large master bedroom, a landing and a smaller room. I just finished completely renovating the upstairs and in doing so made the small room into a nice little "study" where i can display my art, sit back and read some comics or visit with friends.

The landing between the rooms showcases some of my GI Joe art and prototypes as well as some vinyl i have on the walls for display.

I thought you all might enjoy having a look. I'm pretty pleased with it all. :grin:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=145735&Order=Title

Very nice! I imagine that some of the art would have sat around in portfolios or the shipping packaging for a while too until you had gotten around to it. No wonder you are pleased with it, it can be hard to find time for a hobby when life is busy. I do my own framing and I have only just gotten into double figures after 2 years :blush:

Very nice! I imagine that some of the art would have sat around in portfolios or the shipping packaging for a while too until you had gotten around to it. No wonder you are pleased with it, it can be hard to find time for a hobby when life is busy. I do my own framing and I have only just gotten into double figures after 2 years :blush:

Thanks!

I actually had a lot of framed up previously. I had planned to set everything up in a different room but then i ended up having a roommate move into that room and had to pack it up again. I had some of it on display at my shop for a while too, so it's been out and about, just not in a dedicated space.

But it's nice to have it all set up in a nice new, permanent home, that's for sure!

Thanks again, everyone! Gotta say i'm a bit surprised to see so many Mad Season fans on the boards and on CAF! They're such an awesome band but still pretty unknown to so many people i talk to so it's refreshing to see all the love for them here.

I've thought about doing something similar, but then I think about the cost of getting things framed and I convince myself that I'd rather put the funds towards more artwork purchases. :(

I know a lot of collectors who feel the same way. At a certain point in my various collecting habits, the desire to have an amazing display space started to outweigh wanting more stuff so i slowly started getting things framed, getting nice shelves, etc. Now i just sort of figure the cost of framing into the art and i take it right away to the framer when it arrives. Still have lots to go tho...several piece of toy related art as well as almost all of my animation art still needs to be framed up.