• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I lost my dog today.

114 posts in this topic

This kind of stuff almost makes me cry- I've avoided this thread because of it. My dog has been my best friend since the day he walked in to my life.

I can only imagine what it will feel like when he is gone, and that very thought makes me tear up. He plays with my kids every day, and sleeps on the couch with my wife. I trust him more than most of my family. My wife jokes that if I ran in to a burning building that he'd come running after me to find out what we are doing.

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. Those look like two good friends.

That's what sucks about having dogs. You become so attached to them, and sadly, they just don't live long enough. I would gladly give up my entire comic book collection if I could have my dog live as long as me. My prayers are with you.

(pats RMA on shoulder, offers up a consoling shot of really good scotch)

Tough thing brother. I've had to put down two dogs, both after long and happy lives. It's NOT an easy time.

Sorry for your loss RMA. It will be 2 weeks this Sat. that we had to put down our 5 year old Doxie/Jack Russell mix. He had a couple of different cancers that started about 2 years ago. This was our little man, Gus-Gus. I just picked up his ashes this afternoon. :sorry:

gusocbeach.jpg

Below was our doxie, Cami, who we lost to a back injury, she was only 6. So, my wife and I can relate to how painful it is to lose our canine kids. Again, sorry for your loss.

camibasket.jpg

Sorry if images are too big.

My condolences Brother for the loss of sweet Penny. My Wife and I used the Rainbow Bridge poem you posted when my cat Hans died in 2010 to help us through the tough period after his passing. I hope it provides you that comfort as well.

My family's prayers go out to you and yours in this tough time and I hope Casper is doing okay with the loss as well.

:sorry: Chris

I still remember burying my family's second dog, Tilo, a German Shepherd, when I was 7 years old. He got hit by a car and killed. My dad, me, and my younger brother buried him. Although most of my memories from that age are gone, that one sticks with me to this day. And that was 40 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear this. :(

Our 8 year old dog had a stroke about three weeks ago. We worried she'd have to be put down. It was a gut wrenching few hours. She's since recovered, but we are prepared for the fact that it could happen again at any time, and be the end.

I understand and sympathize. :foryou: