• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I lost my dog today.

114 posts in this topic

Penny, on the right. She joins Puccini, on the left.

Rough day.

Two finer companions have never walked the face of this earth.

PennyampPuccini.jpg

I love you both so much, sweetpunkins.

Man, that is rough. My wife and I lost our 12 yo German Sheperd, Sasha, last year and had to deal not only with our grief but with the grief of Sasha's adopted daughter, Josie. She cried every day for over a month.

The grief didn't let up until we got a puppy which is the advice I would give you: As soon as you can, get a puppy or another dog. It is still tough when I think about Sasha but I can hug a puppy until the sad feelings go away and that helps!

These boards raised money so I could get one of my dogs an oporation when he was 14 years old. The procedure was supposed to give him "about a year longer". He was happy and in good health until he died at age 18. Not counting family that was the longest relationship I've ever had.

Worst thing ever to lose a dog. You have my heart felt condolences.

The CAL family extends the utmost sympathies and well-wishes to RMA. We know how it hurts to have a loss of this magnitude. Not much else matters in the world right now, understandably so.

Try to take some solace in knowing that your forever-friend knew that she had a great place in your life.

Words are sometimes not enough...

CAL :sorry::sorry::sorry:

Very sorry to hear it. We shed many tears when we lost our 16-year old doxie, but then we had a wonderfully enriched 16 years with her in our lives.

I'm sure both your dogs were grateful for the love you had for them, and maybe in time, another pooch will find a lucky owner in you. :)

I've lost a lot of family members over the years as well as some friends, but it's my dog Caesar that I think of the most from time to time. I lost him back in '89-90 when I was still away in the USMC. I really wish I was there to say goodbye and more importantly, for him to have seen me there being with him.

From what my brother tells me, he was very sick and old. Couldn't really move any more. One day, my brother gave him a biscuit to comfort him (and this dog absolutely LOVED biscuits). Caesar died right then while still trying to eat the biscuit. My brother always told me it gave him comfort knowing that Caesar passed while doing something he loved.

I will miss him forever. God willing, I really hope to see him again when I pass myself.

20+ years later, I have my old family now and a new dog that my daughter had fell in love with. I'm pampering the heck out of this little pooch and keeping her as health and happy as possible. You never know how much time we have here on earth to enjoy each others company.