• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got a tattoo of Iron Man! Phase 3 Update July 22nd

337 posts in this topic

I can't say I've ever seen anything that I would want someone to draw on my body that will be there forever.

Especially after several years it starts to fade and look like mess.

That said, bon appetit. :foryou:

Mark 1, have you found your artist yet? That is the most important part especially with such a cool idea, gotta make sure the shading and stuff is just right. I would talk to the artist about doing the Iron Man 100 cover pose in the Mark 42 armor. Just my 2c

I haven't found the artist yet. I met with two so far and I am calling another that was referred to me by a local boardie. I found one guy today locally that I liked his work so we are going to talk next week about timing and pricing. But, I also plan to look at a few more places to see if someone really knocks me out.

The Iron man 100 pose is cool. hm ....But definitely no nips.. lol

I can't say I've ever seen anything that I would want someone to draw on my body that will be there forever.

Thanks Dice. (thumbs u

A pose like this would be cool:

Avengers_IronMan_zpsbf413406.jpg

iron-man_zps53d13fb0.png

Yeah I like this.

I'd go top one on left shoulder or the bottom one on right shoulder. Actually, I'd go the bottom one either way, but reverse it to go on the left shoulder.

The artist is important. A quality artist will NAIL this. An average artist will give you an average job. So don't rush the choosing.

When he puts the stencil on your arm, make sure its where you want it, not where he wants it. He can always wipe it off and reposition it.

Don't second guess the positioning. Once he starts doing the outline its too late. The upper arms not to bad in the pain dept. The stomach and underarms are the worst.

Very subjective statement.

Go with whichever version you like the most mate. There will always be someone who loves your tat and someone who hates it. None of that matters so long as you love it and wouldn't change it.

I agree with those who suggest you go with a classic retro Shellhead.

The Iron Man 47 cover is a good choice.

My personal favourite is the Iron Man 80 Kirby cover.

0eaeffe3-70b0-4dfc-b3cb-7869867c4a95_zps3108e583.jpg

How cool is that? Make sure you include some of the universe and mess.

Don't get a tattoo after a night of drinking, or you might get one that looks like this:

21a84feb-44cb-48ff-b547-7fcad5663f84_zps78e2298e.jpg

Are you sure about doing it on your arm? :D

Iron_Man_Tattoo.jpg

There's my luck. The day I ever broke down and got a tattoo, I'd be stuck with something like this for the rest of my life.

:facepalm:

i have tattoos 12 plus years old that havent faded.