• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet of the Apes

14 posts in this topic

I want to know about the Boom Studio's issues.

Is there a current ongoing?

Basically I need to know where to start with these.

Boom Studios came out with Planet of the Apes which ran for 16 issues starting in April 2011. The current series is called Planet of the Apes Cataclysm and ends with issue 12. No word yet on if a new title will follow this series.

I looked at the top 300 charts for this comic this year and this title does not show up on the top 300 for the months of January - April 2013. That would imply the issues sell for less than 4,000 copies, so it's possible Boom will not be bringing the title back.

I want to know about the Boom Studio's issues.

Is there a current ongoing?

Basically I need to know where to start with these.

Boom Studios came out with Planet of the Apes which ran for 16 issues starting in April 2011. The current series is called Planet of the Apes Cataclysm and ends with issue 12. No word yet on if a new series will follow this series.

I looked at the top 300 charts for this comic this year and this title does not show up on the top 300 for the months of January - April 2013. That would imply the issues sell for less than 4,000 copies, so it's possible Boom will not be bringing the title back.

Just for grins, I wanted to see what sales were like for the Planet of the Apes comics:

June 2012 Planet of the Apes 15 5034

July 2012 Planet of the Apes 16 4768

September 2012 Planet of the Apes Cataclysm 1 6264

With the 2nd issue of Planet of the Apes Cataclysm, this title falls out of the top 300 comics completely, meaning subsequent issues are selling below 4,000/5,000 copies. It's unbelievable to me that this property doesn't sell better. Outside of Mr. Comics Revolution on the Planet of the Apes, I thought this was the best interpretation of this classic Sci-Fi property.

So your saying this title is already done then?

The last issue of Planet of the Apes Cataclysm ships in the next few months.

I definitely think the Boom Planet of the Apes titles have been good and worth tracking down.