• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niagara Falls Comic Con Report - 2013

107 posts in this topic

Who wouldn't want to punch you, JL?

-slym

:shrug:

Maybe he tried to burst out into song?

Some people hate that!

Who wouldn't want to punch you, JL?

-slym

:shrug:

Maybe he tried to burst out into song?

Some people hate that!

See, in quotes from other people, it now looks like I said what Lizards changed. I did not.

*sigh*

-slym

IMAG0036_zpse74d7774.jpg

My wife said she saw a comic store owner on Hardcore Pawn selling the same movie prop for the same price. Anyone know who was selling this or if he was on the show?

I don't know where they film the show, but the pawn shop is based in Detroit, so the location would make it possible it was the same dealer.

A Toronto comic shop called The 3rd Quadrant was selling this particular Surfer at the show. Its is displayed just outside their booth, to the left.

IMAG0036_zpse74d7774.jpg

My wife said she saw a comic store owner on Hardcore Pawn selling the same movie prop for the same price. Anyone know who was selling this or if he was on the show?

I don't know where they film the show, but the pawn shop is based in Detroit, so the location would make it possible it was the same dealer.

A Toronto comic shop called The 3rd Quadrant was selling this particular Surfer at the show. Its is displayed just outside their booth, to the left.

Silver Surfer was about 6'3".

IMAG0036_zpse74d7774.jpg

We should have done "Cal pics"

IMAG0036_zpse74d7774.jpg

We should have done "Cal pics"

*fork* Why didn't we think of that?

cal.jpg

I liked this show because it was nice to see so many dealers that don't set up at the large Toronto show. Some had really nice Bronze and Silver, and one fella from Buffalo and a small booth, but great breadth of offerings: Warren mags, undergrounds, Classics illustrated, Silver Age, Skywalds, and some nice original artwork.

I went to the Big B booth to see what all the fuss was about the Captain Canuck action figure. meh, nothing special, except the price. I think the guy was asking $95 for one of them and sure, I get that its a limited edition, but honestly, I think my nose starting bleeding.

The celebrities section had a good mix of wrestlers and tv stars. I was very surprised at the lineup for Mick Foley. At one point, the lineup went through an entire aisle, jamming the vendors booths for 90 minutes so noone could get to their booths to purchase anything. Perhaps some better planning will take care of that next year.

The lineup for Corey Feldman was ridiculous, but I was far more interested in the gorgeous blonde beside him..Kay Jones (sp?). I never heard of her before, but she was absolutely stunning!

Overall, a good show and one I would attend again.

That's really beautiful.

You need to see it in person.

:baiting:

I was JUST thinking about you. :D

I actually started, then deleted an "I miss you" thread.