• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manufacturer errors - Blue label, or GLOD?

15 posts in this topic

As mentioned in my thread in the Modern Comics section dealing with my Cable #1 without gold foil, there seems to be a discrepancy at CGC when dealing with manufacturer errors. Books like the Venom "Black" error get the blue Universal label, while someone found a copy of the Cable just like mine and it was put in the green Qualified labeled holder.

Can anyone shed light on why this would be? Isn't that pretty much the same "probelm" between the two books? And multi-covered books get a Universal label, which I agree with, but it seems that if one man. error of a certain type (such as foil not being applied, or an ink colour being left off) gets a certain designation, as long as that is the only issue, all of them should.

My exception is the badly mis-cut books, like that last 5-sided book someone posted, because that is along the lines of having a page half-cut out, or similar defects.

Thoughts, please (aside from grouching about "there goes slym starting another thread.")

:foryou:

-slym

I honestly don't know, as I've never submitted a book with a manufacturing error, but if one book with no foil gets a Blue they all should IMO

I honestly don't know, as I've never submitted a book with a manufacturing error, but if one book with no foil gets a Blue they all should IMO

+1. Consistency above all else

I've always thought manufacturing error books could be blue with notes rather than green, especially when Venom #1 - one of the most famous manufacturing errors ever - gets a blue. hm

The GLOD should be reserved for books with cut coupons, popped staples and missing centrefolds, etc. 2c

Now, does anyone want to weigh in on the topic of the thread?

try here

:baiting:

By looking at the title of the thread, I wouldn't have any idea that any reasons would be given. I did read through and there are a few posts about it ; however, I still think my thread can stand on its own.

There are 1000 eBay rant threads out there that never get commented on like any one thread I start. And despite what some might think, I really don't start a lot of threads.

*sigh*

But thanks for that link. I do appreciate it.

-slym

ive thought, for a few years now, that variant covers of any kind should have there own color lable, yeah i know that would be a headache to start now, but everything worth anything was hard work.

even if they just explain that they will only give a new color to mis manufactured, or mis labled books, in other words, mistake books, some with manufacturing errors, others with printing errors(price variant).

as far as you original question goes, if they decide that a first time graded book with an error is a blue label, then there should be a different reason that the exact same book got a green label.