• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so how long does a graded book sit around fore encapsulation

17 posts in this topic

Im just wondering, had some that have shown as graded for bout a month now, so I assume they sitting around watchin some tv, drinkin some beer waitin to get slabbed.

so will they party and drink beer for another month, or do you think I might get them fore America's birthday party?

I find that we want to all know the play by play of our books from the minute we ship them til they arrive back. Unfortunately CGC uses terms like "received" which means the received the books, but thats a term that needs to be updated to something else the very next day to like "received 1 day ago, 2 days ago, etc". You just cant hang on these status words as the book does floww through the system at a different pace that the updates show and actually translate. One time i received my books and the next day or so I get the email notification that the books are shipped and they give me tracking, case and point. Dont even ask about registry updates, because I see books already on ebay in multiples that when you look at said books in the census, it clearly shows they dont exist. So dont go by what you see. When you get the books...then beleive it

Im just wondering, had some that have shown as graded for bout a month now, so I assume they sitting around watchin some tv, drinkin some beer waitin to get slabbed.

so will they party and drink beer for another month, or do you think I might get them fore America's birthday party?

If you were any more butthurt, you wouldn't be able to sit. But keep on poking the bear, this should be awesome before you are finally banned.

I take the following approach to CGC timelines:

Don’t worry about the future (or CGC timelines); or worry, but know that worrying (about CGC timelines) is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.

(from Mary Schmich's '97 Chicago Tribune column and later co-opted by Baz Lurhman's "Sunscreen")

If you were any more butthurt, you wouldn't be able to sit. But keep on poking the bear, this should be awesome before you are finally banned.

If I were to get banned for asking a question, I wouldn't want to be on these boards anyway.

All I want to know is how long it could take to get from graded to "shipped/safe"

all the others I sent in at the same time I've already got back, so its a legitimate question.

As far as butthurt goes, I don't know who made that up, but it is just stupid. only butthurt I can ever remember is from my parents and gradparents when I was a much smaller tiny

If I were to get banned for asking a question, I wouldn't want to be on these boards anyway.

All I want to know is how long it could take to get from graded to "shipped/safe"

all the others I sent in at the same time I've already got back, so its a legitimate question.

As far as butthurt goes, I don't know who made that up, but it is just stupid. only butthurt I can ever remember is from my parents and gradparents when I was a much smaller tiny

Why don't you just call them? (shrug)

Why don't you just pick up the phone and call CGC, to see if there's a problem or issue with your particular invoice?

Because it is really about grinding the axe. :eyeroll:

Thus the butthurt.