• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Man Of Steel" Thread

962 posts in this topic

The biggest problem with going into a movie is listening to what everyone else has said about it.

Expectations ruin everything in my experience.

Another thing that I find is that my mood going into the movie that day affects how I feel about the movie - we're so subjective as people. Being tired, hungry, etc. all affect the outcome.

I generally try to set my exceptions low going into every movie to try and give myself a fighting chance of enjoying it.

Same story over and over. They couldve skipped the whole beginning. Seemed like some really random editing going on as well.

Got Matrix flashbacks a few times.

I liked the flight sequences, and Cavill and Adams did a good job.

Did anyone care when Pa Kent died? I didn't.

The scenes with those two characters were some of my favorites. And I cared, almost got teary eyed.

I really enjoyed it. I am not a Superman fan typically, but this movie has made me one.

Everyone should see it. Some people will like it, some won't. I do think DC has finally found something that works though.

That`s the thing. People are thinking it going to be the same old boring SuperDuperman when it is a pretty good entertaining movie.

A real good movie that will surprise people if they give it a chance.

Same story over and over. They couldve skipped the whole beginning. Seemed like some really random editing going on as well.

The scenes with those two characters were some of my favorites. And I cared, almost got teary eyed.

Same with me. I guess I am getting more mellow in my age.

Same with me. I guess I am getting more mellow in my age.

If you read my spoiler reply to it, you will see I agree with you two.

The biggest problem with going into a movie is listening to what everyone else has said about it.

Expectations ruin everything in my experience.

Another thing that I find is that my mood going into the movie that day affects how I feel about the movie - we're so subjective as people. Being tired, hungry, etc. all affect the outcome.

I generally try to set my exceptions low going into every movie to try and give myself a fighting chance of enjoying it.

I didn`t read one Superman thread until I saw the movie today,and I always go in with low expectations.

According to Box Office Mojo the movie has already made $21 million domestically. It is on track for at least a $100 MM weekend. http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3692&p=.htm

My idea for a kick sequel. So Superman snaps Zod's neck. Awesome + Metropolyse and Smallville are just destroyed. So Movie 2, a bald, power mad politician with the initials LL runs a campaign about the "evil" alien who is not doing much to protect people combined with a push to develop technology to compete with and protect us from more aliens/Kryptonians. He uses these efforts to capture the white house and become President. We can watch the fall and persecution of Superman, then eventually the knowledge that Luthor was working with Zod and could have prevented the invasion. Supes comes back and takes Luthor down. Plus this could be a good way to tie in other heros and maybe start the JLA movie. My 2c

Just watched it today and all I can say is awesome movie and SO GLAD LL was not in it.

Was nice to see Sups fighting people near his power class in amazing fight scenes instead of getting duped by LL all the dang time.....

Oh and one other thing. I saw this at 4:15 on opening day and the theater was only about a quarter full.

I saw Fast and Furious 6 on opening day at 4:30 and the theater was only half full.

Sometimes its just a fluke to have an empty theater.

Oh and one other thing. I saw this at 4:15 on opening day and the theater was only about a quarter full.

I saw Fast and Furious 6 on opening day at 4:30 and the theater was only half full.

Sometimes its just a fluke to have an empty theater.

Yeah, I'm have no idea if my theater was an anomaly, but I wouldn't say having a theater half as full as Fast and Furious 6 is a win.

OMG what's with all the hate on Man of Steel? (shrug)

I loved it.

The changes to his origin wasn't that dramatic.

Some of you are acting like Krypton didn't explode.

There were plot holes,but not enough to change my rating.

I will go on to say that Man of Steel is better than Iron Man 3 :o

Much better than Iron Man 3. By a mile. I didn't love it, but it was good. I enjoyed it. Like others, there were parts that I wasn't comfortable with, but all in all it was a fine treatment.

I loved it.

Much better than Iron Man 3. By a mile. I didn't love it, but it was good. I enjoyed it. Like others, there were parts that I wasn't comfortable with, but all in all it was a fine treatment.

I'm with you. I didn't love this movie, but I didn't hate it. And, yes, it was miles better than Iron Man 3.

According to Box Office Mojo the movie has already made $21 million domestically. It is on track for at least a $100 MM weekend. http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3692&p=.htm

"It’s already setting records for the biggest opening for June and the second biggest weekend opening of 2013 as Warner Bros’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man Of Steel (4,207 theaters with 3D in 3,357 venues) is flying high at the domestic box office today. My sources have now increased their estimates to $51M Friday, $124.4M for the three-day weekend, and $134.4M for the four-day cume through Sunday."

I loved it.

I'm with you. I didn't love this movie, but I didn't hate it. And, yes, it was miles better than Iron Man 3.

I agree too, and yet IM3 is 79% on Rotten Tomatoes and MOS is 57%. (shrug)

I liked it a lot too. The action scenes were the best of their kind I've ever seen. Krypton was impressive. The only thing I miss from the old movies is the John Williams score.

I liked it a lot too. The action scenes were the best of their kind I've ever seen. Krypton was impressive. The only thing I miss from the old movies is the John Williams score.

I liked the Chris Cornell song :-) (Or was it Soundgarden?) Either way, good tune.

"It’s already setting records for the biggest opening for June and the second biggest weekend opening of 2013 as Warner Bros’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man Of Steel (4,207 theaters with 3D in 3,357 venues) is flying high at the domestic box office today. My sources have now increased their estimates to $51M Friday, $124.4M for the three-day weekend, and $134.4M for the four-day cume through Sunday."

WOW! Now let's see what reality will be. :wishluck:

Don't you miss Superman? :devil: