• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Man Of Steel" Thread

962 posts in this topic

:roflmao:

Just think it's ridiculous how many threads have been started about MOS, instead of just adding to those that are already established.

QFT

-slym

Quite arfing true?

I'd like to see taddy pics in all of those threads so they all derail. Just cuz Superman is lame.

:o

What the hell is a taddy pic, and WTF are you talking about?

lol

From some of the reviews I've read,critics are upset that it's not the Superman of old or it doesn't have the charm & heart of past Superman films.

This is a REBOOT!!!! :sumo:

The Superman of the past doesn't work well with this generation of movie audiences.

WB/DC had to make changes to make Superman relevant.

As of 7:00 AM PST Today

MoS6-12-13_zps30738c0f.jpg

Big disparity between the 49 critics and the 81,641 fan expectations. :)

The actual quality of a film and the quality we fans are all hoping for usually aren't directly related, so I'm not seeing a disparity. After the film comes out RT switches the "want to see" stat over to a percentage who "liked it"; I do expect a disparity there as that's typically the case. I'd be surprised if the "liked it" score stays so high at 97% though.

Here's an interesting comparison to Superman Returns. I recall the audience rating being MUCH higher than 67% back when it came out, but people have hammered it in succeeding years.

Superman Returns Tomatometer.jpg

As of 6:30 PM PST Today

Mos6_zps30b5f746.jpg

mos_glyph_hires_zps597deb34.jpg

This is an important movie, and everyone is talking about it. Love it, hate it, or something in-between, people are going to want to discuss it.

But there are probably too many threads being created - information is being buried and repeated. And as more and more people see the movie, this trend is likely to continue.

Here are the current and prior threads from the past few days.

3 x 3 Man of steel?

What's big deal about Man of Steel. He dies in movie dont he? Video Shows funera

Man of Steel down to 66% on Rotten Tomatoes...

When I woke up this morning I was the "Man of Steel".

Who is this Superman people keep talking about?

Man of Steel cameos spoilers welcome!

So, I hear there is a new Superman movie coming out...

Superman Returns got better reviews than Man of Steel is getting

"Man of Steel" 70% on Rotten Tomatoes

So I saw Man of Steel tonight...

Filmigos & Man of Steel!

man of steel commercials for various products.

Has anyone seen Man of Steel (NO SPOILERS!)

Man of Steel Interview - interesting story of fate

Man of Steel Prize Pack Sweepstakes

Superman's Red Trunks

Man Of Steel Spoiler!

CGI in new Superman movie looks like a video game.

Early review of MAN OF STEEL on Ain't It Cool News(Spoilers)

New Man of Steel Trailer

If you want to go see 'Man of Steel', wake up early Saturday morning...

Superman: Man of Steel TV Spot

Superman Man Of Steel toys spotted in the wild.

So, if it's all right, I'd like to tie them all together here into one super-thread, so that information isn't lost or buried, and CG isn't overrun with "Man of Steel" threads.

Thanks!

Why are some titles in italics and some not?

Bold/Italic are the new ones that came out after this thread.

So lazy.

Some people were going to say, unless you used the [John] Williams score, it’s heresy. Or unless he’s got the underpants, it’s heresy. Or the spit curl, it’s heresy.

Yeah it is!!

The actual quality of a film and the quality we fans are all hoping for usually aren't directly related, so I'm not seeing a disparity. After the film comes out RT switches the "want to see" stat over to a percentage who "liked it"; I do expect a disparity there as that's typically the case. I'd be surprised if the "liked it" score stays so high at 97% though.

Here's an interesting comparison to Superman Returns. I recall the audience rating being MUCH higher than 67% back when it came out, but people have hammered it in succeeding years.

Mos6_zps30b5f746.jpg

As of 8:30 PM PST Today

Capture_zps33f5ace9.jpg

The critics are not liking this movie very much, and the trend is downward as more weigh in.

Some people were going to say, unless you used the [John] Williams score, it’s heresy. Or unless he’s got the underpants, it’s heresy. Or the spit curl, it’s heresy.

Yeah it is!!

lol

I keep hearing talk that if this movie does well at the box office, it's Justice League and then The Flash.

I really hope it does well. It's good for the comic industry; and with all the merchandising, it's not a bad thing for the economy.

The critic's reaction is not encouraging though.

:wishluck:

Mos6_zps30b5f746.jpg

Capture_zps33f5ace9.jpg

The critics are not liking this movie very much, and the trend is downward as more weigh in.

I am fighting the urge to create an entirely new thread every time the percentage drops a point.

Capture_zps33f5ace9.jpg

Ridiculous.

78 is not a scientific sample.

I think there has been more threads started here about the movie than that.

Mos6_zps30b5f746.jpg

Capture_zps33f5ace9.jpg

I am fighting the urge to create an entirely new thread every time the percentage drops a point.

So lazy.

Capture_zps33f5ace9.jpg

Ridiculous.

78 is not a scientific sample.

I think there has been more threads started here about the movie than that.

How many critics do you think there are?

Look at Superman Returns above.

But you're right about the number of threads.

We already have a couple of those. :)

supermanthreads_zps588b366c.png