• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Back To Back Bad Ebay Sellers

43 posts in this topic

Don't buy "nm" on eBay .

Unless a huge scan is posted.

2c

Right, except that these listing said better than NM. But this is what I get for trusting people on ebay lol

Hopefully this will blow over and the Ebay Buyer Protection will kick in.

Jerome

Not to be difficult, but you said the book was 9.2-9.4, right? Isn't NM a 9.2? Thus a 9.4 to one person may be a NM+? And did you expect a 9.8 book or was NM+ a 9.9 or 10 in your eyes?

If you want a 9.8 or better book you should really be buying already graded books. That is even more true if you are going to return them.

Honestly, I think you are a buyer that I'd ignore. I know that seems harsh, but did you pay a 9.8 price on this book? I'm sure it was cheaper...? And if you want high grade books why are you shopping on eBay? Especially as a member of the boards- why not shop here?

Sorry just my 2c

I wouldn't ignore me if I was a buyer. If the listing just said quote, "NM" I would expect a 9.2-ish book and I would avoid buying it. But the listings clearly say they are graded higher than that and I paid a fair amount for them. I only expect to receive what is described in the listings :)

I was browsing ebay to see if there were any possible high grade issues that I may be able to get for cheap. But you are totally right, I should shop here (thumbs u

I am also having a problem with f-s-c. Will elaborate more tomorrow. Have to head out for tonight.

. Well, hopefully you get your issue resolved too. I'd be curious to know how it goes.

Hope you got signature confirmation on the book you returned ....

Delivery confirmation at the very least .

Yea I did a return via USPS priority and noted it in one of the messages to the seller so hopefully that leaves little reason to not refund me *shrug*

Jerome

Wait, Ebay sellers with private feedback can sell again? When did Ebay change this?

When eBay woke up one day and saw that most of their earnings was all Paypal based and auction listings going expired. They saw that they no longer had nowhere near the number of Sellers out there. They also read this board and several other boards, crossing many categories. You need to trust me 100% on this. Hey, why should they continue to sell when the BUYER can scam/pull stunts, etc.???

CAL :pullhair:

Wait, Ebay sellers with private feedback can sell again? When did Ebay change this?

When eBay woke up one day and saw that most of their earnings was all Paypal based and auction listings going expired. They saw that they no longer had nowhere near the number of Sellers out there. They also read this board and several other boards, crossing many categories. You need to trust me 100% on this. Hey, why should they continue to sell when the BUYER can scam/pull stunts, etc.???

What month/year was that specifically?

Hope you got signature confirmation on the book you returned ....

Delivery confirmation at the very least .

Yea I did a return via USPS priority and noted it in one of the messages to the seller so hopefully that leaves little reason to not refund me *shrug*

Jerome

It specifically must be Signature Confirmation

Delivery Confirmation is useless over $250

Hmm, Ebay says you still can't sell if you have Private feedback: "If you make your Feedback profile private, you won't be able to sell items on eBay." http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sc

This guy must shift between private and public when he is/isn't selling? Makes no sense.

Don't buy raw books from ebay, I know I don't, besides I've found a website that's been great with raw books, some sellers are hit or miss but a few have been awesome.Overall, much better than ebay without all the BS.I just bought X-Factor #5 for $5 described as "NM" It came in the mail and it's so nice I need to send it in to CGC cause it looks like a 9.8. Not telling anyone about this fishing hole! :)

Hmm, Ebay says you still can't sell if you have Private feedback: "If you make your Feedback profile private, you won't be able to sell items on eBay." http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sc

This guy must shift between private and public when he is/isn't selling? Makes no sense.

Name change same year is a HUGE red flag!

EBAY Member ID

Why would you make feedback private? You can't sell and all the numbers are still the same only the comments go away?

Both buyer and seller can and do scam on EBAY I still buy a bit but got burned years ago selling a HUGE collection of comics! :mad: I lost thousands but learned my lesson well.

Don't buy raw books from ebay, I know I don't, besides I've found a website that's been great with raw books, some sellers are hit or miss but a few have been awesome.Overall, much better than ebay without all the BS.I just bought X-Factor #5 for $5 described as "NM" It came in the mail and it's so nice I need to send it in to CGC cause it looks like a 9.8. Not telling anyone about this fishing hole! :)

So....you want me to beg for the link? Cause I'll do it! lol

PM me, I won't tell anyone :gossip:

Jerome

So....you want me to beg for the link? Cause I'll do it! lol

PM me, I won't tell anyone :gossip:

Jerome

The more you beg the more I resist :)

I bought an Iron Fist 14 from fast shipping collectibles on 05/26/2013. At that time his feedback was not set to private. I paid a few days later. on June 03 the tracking number 9549010219993150413726 showed the package delivered.

However I didn't recieve the package and promptly went to the post office the next morning. As usual they were no help as they showed the package delivered. Just not to me.

I contacted the seller and asked him what address he shipped the package to as I had a problem once before with changing my address to an old address. I got no response from the seller and noticed his name change and feedback to private. I knew a problem was coming. I checked at my old address and they didn't receive the package either.

I kept checking the tracking number by clicking on it from my ebay site. It still showed delivered. Then I checked the tracking number on usps.com and it showed that the package was returned to the post office and on it's way back to the seller. I went to the post office again and they said there was nothing they could do.

I again contacted the seller but got no response. So I filed a claim with ebay for item not received. It appears that once a package shows delivered on your my ebay purchases, they stop tracking it even if the package was delivered to the wrong address and returned. Continued tracking only shows up on the usps.com website.

Any way ebay came back and ruled for the seller as he says the package was delivered. I immediately tried again on 6/11 to tell them to check the tracking through the usps.com website and it will clearly show that the package was never recieved by me and was returned to the seller. Havent heard back from ebay yet. Still waiting.

Under the My eBay tab click Purchase History then this particular order.

Check in the shipping details and confirm that the address is your current address. If it is, ask your mailman if he tried to deliver a package for you on that date.

If he did not, then ask eBay if the label was printed through the ebay or Paypal site or otherwise confirm that the package was actually shipped to the address on the order details page.

Checked paypal. Address is correct. Mailman didn't deliver to my house. Will try to find out if seller shipped through ebay or paypal. Def not paypal as not shown as tracked through paypal. Postmaster says package sent media mail. Will keep digging.

Do you still have the book?

I still have the WD #8 as the seller hasn't replied with his return address. I just escalated this case to ebay support asking for a return address so I can ship it back to the seller (on my dime, which is fine as the listing said returns are to be paid by buyer).

Ebay ruled in favor of me for the WD 19, woot woot!

@Kevin, I honestly don't give two :censored: I was just kiddin' around.

Jerome

Nor do I give two :censored: that eBay ruled in your favor!

Great, stop reading the thread then.

I bought an Iron Fist 14 from fast shipping collectibles on 05/26/2013. At that time his feedback was not set to private. I paid a few days later. on June 03 the tracking number 9549010219993150413726 showed the package delivered.

However I didn't recieve the package and promptly went to the post office the next morning. As usual they were no help as they showed the package delivered. Just not to me.

I contacted the seller and asked him what address he shipped the package to as I had a problem once before with changing my address to an old address. I got no response from the seller and noticed his name change and feedback to private. I knew a problem was coming. I checked at my old address and they didn't receive the package either.

I kept checking the tracking number by clicking on it from my ebay site. It still showed delivered. Then I checked the tracking number on usps.com and it showed that the package was returned to the post office and on it's way back to the seller. I went to the post office again and they said there was nothing they could do.

I again contacted the seller but got no response. So I filed a claim with ebay for item not received. It appears that once a package shows delivered on your my ebay purchases, they stop tracking it even if the package was delivered to the wrong address and returned. Continued tracking only shows up on the usps.com website.

Any way ebay came back and ruled for the seller as he says the package was delivered. I immediately tried again on 6/11 to tell them to check the tracking through the usps.com website and it will clearly show that the package was never recieved by me and was returned to the seller. Havent heard back from ebay yet. Still waiting.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that buddy. I guess a way to safeguard against that is to request signature confirmation, or did the other person sign for it and they just got a freebie? :boo:

Jerome