• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Back To Back Bad Ebay Sellers

43 posts in this topic

Buyer beware:

First I won this WD 19 auction, NM+ but it's a 9.2/9.4 at best and the seller agreed to do a return, but said something like, 'I've done returns before and buyers kept the book, can you ship the book back first?' Since I'm a nice guy, there's bad ebayers out there, I did ship the book and it was received. No more replies to any of my requests to do a refund. Seler ID is f-s-c:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290918832964?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I also bought a WD 8 that was, and I quote, in 'mint' condition. Turns out the upper left corner was smashed. not in shipment as it was in a top loader upon arrival, so it's an obvious scam. The seller responded once asking why I want a return when the item looks like the the picture and it's obviously tilted so you CAN'T see the smashed corner. The seller has since flat ignored my requests for a return (well within the 14 day listing window). Seller ID is logicalsshop:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230988751929?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I just wanted to pass this info along so others can avoid these sellers like the plague. I have started a case with each seller, the WD 19 is escalated to ebay support and the WD 8 will be soon as well.

Jerome

The first seller's private feedback is a huge warning sign. Especially when you look at all the high dollar books he has sold recently. Looks like a huge cash grab- sell a bunch of high dollar books, deliver drek and run off with the money. :censored:

Wait until you get these kind of problems with

SELLERS THAT YOU HAVE BOUGHT FROM IN THE PAST!!!

I have three( 3) cases, one here on this Forum, from once-dependable Sellers.

One is going to cause the ultimate flame war of all-time, as this one is a well-known and liked comic collector.

But my patience is running out, and what the heck? One more emery is not going to change my life...

Getting the forces ready...

CAL

Private feedback is a big warning sign, although he has it up to read on his "Me" link.

I'm not defending the seller, but if I sold a a $256 book to someone I didn't know on ebay, I'd want it back before sending a refund. That's just SOP.

Getting the forces ready...

What does that entail, exactly?

A picture of Cal's forces getting the phone call from Cal to get ready.

the-three-stooges-three-stooges-32136906-2500-1917.jpg

???

Lame-o.

CAL

Don't buy "nm" on eBay .

Unless a huge scan is posted.

2c

Right, except that these listing said better than NM. But this is what I get for trusting people on ebay lol

Hopefully this will blow over and the Ebay Buyer Protection will kick in.

Jerome

Not to be difficult, but you said the book was 9.2-9.4, right? Isn't NM a 9.2? Thus a 9.4 to one person may be a NM+? And did you expect a 9.8 book or was NM+ a 9.9 or 10 in your eyes?

If you want a 9.8 or better book you should really be buying already graded books. That is even more true if you are going to return them.

Honestly, I think you are a buyer that I'd ignore. I know that seems harsh, but did you pay a 9.8 price on this book? I'm sure it was cheaper...? And if you want high grade books why are you shopping on eBay? Especially as a member of the boards- why not shop here?

Sorry just my 2c

Don't buy "nm" on eBay .

2c

Right, except that these listing said better than NM. But this is what I get for trusting people on ebay lol

Jerome

Not to be difficult, but you said the book was 9.2-9.4, right? Isn't NM a 9.2? Thus a 9.4 to one person may be a NM+? And did you expect a 9.8 book or was NM+ a 9.9 or 10 in your eyes?

If you want a 9.8 or better book you should really be buying already graded books. That is even more true if you are going to return them.

Honestly, I think you are a buyer that I'd ignore. I know that seems harsh, but did you pay a 9.8 price on this book? I'm sure it was cheaper...? And if you want high grade books why are you shopping on eBay? Especially as a member of the boards- why not shop here?

Sorry just my 2c

NM+ is 9.6.

If I paid 9.6 price for a book and received a 9.2 from the seller, I'd be pissed too.

Don't buy "nm" on eBay .

2c

Jerome

Sorry just my 2c

NM+ is 9.6.

If I paid 9.6 price for a book and received a 9.2 from the seller, I'd be pissed too.

But you'd trust a seller on eBay with private feedback to sell you a 9.6+ book? I sure as hell wouldn't unless I knew the seller.

I'd also add: Having looked at the scans on the WD 19 it looks like a few small spine ticks above the top staple. It also looks like there is something funky going on around on the BC near the top staple.

I would have contacted the seller asking for bigger scans and with the book out of the bag.

I have only had one really bad experience myself. All I'll say is...don't ever buy from a man named Mike Golog.

Who sells 4 hardcovers and just tosses them into an extra large yellow padded envelope? I ask you. Good luck getting this resolved OP.