• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second Superman book found in the same Action 1 house...

21 posts in this topic

“We know it’s a Superman issue, we just don’t know what issue,” Gonzalez, 35, said of the second comic. “I know it’s the one [of Superman] fighting with the dinosaurs.”

???(shrug)

Doesn't sound like it can be one of the earliest issues, and if it's missing its cover or otherwise damaged (such that he doesn't know which issue...?) it is likely pretty near worthless.

time to tear down all the walls in that place. "there's gold in them thar walls!"

He actually did that after finding the Action #1. Took down the rest of the walls. From what I heard, he didn't find any other comics so this is an interesting development.

I heard the story right from the dealer who consigned the book to Metro for Gonzalez.

DA told me more than one book was found....

Sorry, my mistake - DA said they found parts of one book but it wasn't a Superman book.

All of the books that were found were found in pieces - meaning they were taken apart to be used for insulation.

I don't remember exactly what book he said was found but it was something that wasn't very "big". They did have hopes that something else special turned up.

I then spoke to DA a week or two after Orlando and he told me no other books were found.

Maybe Gonzalez found more walls to open?

(shrug)

“We know it’s a Superman issue, we just don’t know what issue,” Gonzalez, 35, said of the second comic. “I know it’s the one [of Superman] fighting with the dinosaurs.”

???(shrug)

He would have known the # of the issue but when he told his family that he'd found another Superman comic, a fight broke out and in the tug of war over the comic the section of the cover with the number got ripped to shreds.

They're obviously finding the books in pieces since he's describing the Superman #4 from the inside story, sans cover.

I don't blame him for not selling it. After Comicconnect 10% then the Florida dealer taking 50% of the payout. He lost out on a lot of cash. Its pretty sad instead of telling the man to consign it to comicconnect the dealer decided he wanted 50% of the Action 1 sale.